Cecile’s Writers Magazine is part of Stichting Cecile’s Writers, a nonprofit organisation (Dutch Chamber of Commerce number: 54563682). Our aim is to create a free digital magazine where intercultural authors can publish their work.
Read more in About Cecile’s Writers…
Please read these guidelines before sending in your submission. If you do not follow the guidelines your submission will be rejected.
We are happy to announce that Cecile’s Writers Magazine is Open for Submissions. Submissions may be sent to us at any time.
We accept submissions from intercultural authors:
Authors for whom English is their native language but currently reside in a non-English speaking country (or have resided in a non-English speaking country for at least 3 years).
Authors whose parents have different cultural backgrounds (either by ethnicity or by nationality)
Authors for whom English is not their native language but choose to write in English.
Authors who do not fit any of the above categories but still feel they have an intercultural voice are also welcome to submit their story. When submitting please do briefly explain why.
The concept is about the authors and not the subject matter. The stories themselves do not necessarily need to highlight intercultural subject matters.
Please note that you must be 18 years or older to submit.
All genres of fiction are welcome. We prefer character driven stories as opposed to plot driven stories.
In non-fiction, we accept short memoirs, personal essays and literary essays.
The maximum word counts are as follows:
Flash Fiction: 1,000 words
Short Stories: 7,500 words
Novelettes: 21,000 words
Novel Excerpts: 6,000 words
Plays: 9,000 words
Personal Essays / Memoirs: 6,000 words
Literary Essays: 6,000 words
Poetry: Max. 3 poems (see separate submission guidelines for poetry for more details)
Cecile’s Writers Magazine retains the exclusive first rights of publication for a period of 6 months after it has been published on the website. The author retains full copyright of any work published.
We do not accept work that has been previously published elsewhere (or is expected to be published elsewhere), this also includes work published on blogs.
The author’s name and email address should be typed at the top of the first page with the word count of the story. We also ask the author to include a brief biographical note with their submission (max. 200 words) as a separate attachment, mentioning what it is that makes you an intercultural writer.
We will do our best to respond to your submission within six weeks. In busy periods (July/August and December) this could take up to 12 weeks.
We accept simultaneous submissions since we want an author to have every opportunity to be published. We do ask that an author inform us immediately when his/her work has been accepted elsewhere.
We only accept electronic submissions in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .txt
Manuscripts should be in 12-point type in one of these fonts: Arial, Cambria, Helvetica or Times New Roman
Manuscripts should be double-spaced with 2.5 cm margins
Manuscript pages should be numbered at the bottom of the page
The title of the story and the author’s name should be visible as a header on all pages
If you have any questions or encounter technical difficulties, please contact us at: email@example.com
Ready to submit? Please fill in the submission form.
We look forward to reading your work.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (503)
- Cooperative Performance call for submissions
- Irvington Town Hall (NY) Theater Stage Door Playwr...
- Seeking Provocative new Plays: The Owl and Cat The...
- SUBMISSIONS FOR STILL CRAZY: PART 2
- Sky Cooper New American Play Prize
- BETC’s New Play Development Program
- Urban Stages: SMALL CAST PLAYS
- Slingshot Reading Series
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script”
- Halloween Play Opportunity
- NEO Ensemble Theatre is accepting one act plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Elliott Hayes Award for Outstanding Achievement in...
- New Ideas Festival 2018
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre is seeking fully produ...
- Residency - Writers Omi at Ledig House
- Blackboard Plays submission guidelines
- University Settlement Artists-in-Residence program...
- Online Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Soundwork Monologue competition
- Cecile’s Writers Magazine seeks plays
- Ticket give-away: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Theatre Roulette 2018
- Discount tickets: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Billie Burke Ziegfeld Award 2017
- FUNHOUSE II SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS: Original theatre i...
- Fellowships for Creative and Performing Artists an...
- La Mama Experiments Play Reading Series
- Woodside Players of Queens Fall 2017 Play Festival...
- Small Fish Radio Theatre Annual Horror Show 2017
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- The First Draft at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Henley Rose Playwriting Competition For Women (Kno...
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- Ivoryton Playhouse Women Playwrights’ Initiative
- An evening of Monologues & Shorts
- Lakeshore Players Theatre Active Voice: Staged Rea...
- Fall Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- NAUGHTY READINGS - Lowell MA
- Villa Ruffieux Residency Valais Switzerland
- MILDRED and ALBERT PANOWSKI Playwriting Competitio...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival - Bo...
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- 2017 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- ▼ August (44)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)