We are looking for new work by Black Playwrights throughout the African Diaspora that tell stories of the Black experience.
Why Blackboard: With a home in Manhattan's Chelsea, your featured reading will be in a gorgeous townhouse setting, Nancy Manocherian's the cell, complete with a mini reception and followed by a 20 minute talk-back. Additionally, we will record a podcast interview with you.
Please fill out the form before below and upload 10 pages.
Thank You for your interest in Blackboard Plays, devoted to the stories of Black Playwrights throughout the African Diaspora. Answer the questions below, upload your play and the donate the optional submission fee.
We will contact you regarding your submission within 1 month.
A Note: PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT 10 PAGES of dialogue that best represents your play. You will also be submitting a synopsis so we will know what the entire play is about. If interested in moving forward, we will request the entire script.
Any questions: email@example.com
Since 2008, Blackboard has been devoted to Black playwrights throughout the African Diaspora. Join us every 2nd Monday of the month @ the cell our home in Chelsea's Manhattan where we have been incubated as a resident series @ the cell.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- Cooperative Performance call for submissions
- Irvington Town Hall (NY) Theater Stage Door Playwr...
- Seeking Provocative new Plays: The Owl and Cat The...
- SUBMISSIONS FOR STILL CRAZY: PART 2
- Sky Cooper New American Play Prize
- BETC’s New Play Development Program
- Urban Stages: SMALL CAST PLAYS
- Slingshot Reading Series
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script”
- Halloween Play Opportunity
- NEO Ensemble Theatre is accepting one act plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Elliott Hayes Award for Outstanding Achievement in...
- New Ideas Festival 2018
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre is seeking fully produ...
- Residency - Writers Omi at Ledig House
- Blackboard Plays submission guidelines
- University Settlement Artists-in-Residence program...
- Online Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Soundwork Monologue competition
- Cecile’s Writers Magazine seeks plays
- Ticket give-away: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Theatre Roulette 2018
- Discount tickets: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Billie Burke Ziegfeld Award 2017
- FUNHOUSE II SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS: Original theatre i...
- Fellowships for Creative and Performing Artists an...
- La Mama Experiments Play Reading Series
- Woodside Players of Queens Fall 2017 Play Festival...
- Small Fish Radio Theatre Annual Horror Show 2017
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- The First Draft at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Henley Rose Playwriting Competition For Women (Kno...
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- Ivoryton Playhouse Women Playwrights’ Initiative
- An evening of Monologues & Shorts
- Lakeshore Players Theatre Active Voice: Staged Rea...
- Fall Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- NAUGHTY READINGS - Lowell MA
- Villa Ruffieux Residency Valais Switzerland
- MILDRED and ALBERT PANOWSKI Playwriting Competitio...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival - Bo...
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- 2017 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- ▼ August (44)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)