Script submissions will be due 11:59 pm EST on Friday, August 4th, 2017.
Playwrights, please read the following information carefully.
- Playwrights may submit a maximum of two (2) plays.
- Scripts will be reviewed blind – submit your script(s) with two (2) title pages – one that includes the playwright’s name and contact info and one with only the script title. Please make sure that the playwright’s name doesn’t appear anywhere else on the script.
- Scripts written for the stage, only. No screenplays, please.
- PDF documents preferred.
- There are no restrictions to the scripts’ subject matter as long as the play features political/social commentary.
- We will accept un-produced scripts as well as plays that have been previously produced.
- Plays should not exceed 10 minutes. Scripts should be no longer than 13 pages not including cover page and character descriptions. (Keep in mind, 1 page of dialogue usually equals 1 minute of stage time.)
- There will be 2 rounds in the script selection process: The 1st round will be headed by company members of Box Wine Theatre. The 2nd round will be based on choices of the directors.
- Playwrights will not have the option of directing their own pieces. We believe in the collaborative process between the playwright and director and we strongly encourage working together.
- While all playwrights produced in this festival will be considered for a $250 cash prize for Audience Favorite, please be advised there is no other compensation for scripts.
- For scripts selected for Raucous Caucus, playwrights will be asked to sign a waiver allowing Box Wine Theatre to photograph and post pictures of the play online including, but not limited to boxwinetheatre.com and on social media; playwrights will have permission to use these photos for any purpose they wish.