Here are the SUBMISSION GUIDELINES. Please read and follow:
1. Submissions must be 10-minute plays. Authors should write for an adult audience. Comedy and drama, both musical and non-musical will be considered. Musical submissions must include sheet music/score as needed. Legal clearance of materials not in the public domain is the full responsibility of the submitting playwright.
2. Scripts and related materials must be postmarked by June 30, 2017.
3. Sets, lighting needs and other technical requirements must be minimal. Since the winning plays will be produced, no play considered technically un-produceable will be considered.
4. Maximum number of characters per play is four.
5. Running time is to be 10 minutes or less, which may mean 6-10 pages depending upon the density of dialogue. Authors are responsible for submitting work that is within the 10 minute running time limit. Cuts will be requested of the playwright for any selected play which runs over the limit regardless of the number of pages in the script.
6. Plays must be typed/word-processed, numbered, and stapled. Do not use binders or covers.
7. Plays must be presented in proper script format.
8. No electronic submissions will be allowed. (And please don't tell us "Hey, it's the 21st century! Other people accept email submissions!" We know that. We don't.)
9. All submissions are judged blind and this requires two types of cover pages. One, a separate cover letter, will include your name, address, phone number, e-mail and the play title. The other will be on each copy, but only showing the title. There can be no identifying information on the script other than the title. Do not include the author’s name on every page.
10. There is no limit to number of plays that an individual may submit, but each play must be accompanied by the proper cover pages as described. Only one play per author may be chosen.
11. Scripts cannot be returned. Lucky Penny Productions assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged scripts.
12. The eight best plays will be selected from all entries by the reading committee. Notification to authors will be made by Sept 1, 2017. The eight selected plays will be staged in Feb-Mar 2018.
13. The author of the play chosen as the "People's Choice" will receive a $100 honorarium from Lucky Penny.
To submit your play:
Mail 3 copies of each script along with the two types of cover pages to:
8 x 10: A Festival of 10 Minute Plays
Lucky Penny Productions
1357 Foster Road
Napa CA 94558
WAIVERS AND CONDITIONS:
The selection of directors, actors and designers for the selected plays is at the sole discretion of Lucky Penny Productions. An author may participate in the process if participation is requested by the producing company or the director selected for the project.
Entry of a script into this festival grants to Lucky Penny Productions the right to produce the entered play only for this specific event in Jan-Feb 2018 and authors retain all rights to their work for future production or publication.
The producing company reserves the right to remove and/or replace any play selected by the reading committee if, once in rehearsal, the play is found to be unproduceable as determined by the festival coordinator. Selection of a replacement play is at the sole discretion of the producing companies.
The producing companies reserve the right to reschedule or cancel the festival at their discretion if conditions beyond their control require it.
Authors, if their play is selected for production, grant to Lucky Penny Productions the right to use their name, biographical information and photo for purposes of publicity and marketing during the period Sept 1, 2017 through the performances dates in Feb 2018.
Submission of a script to this competition signifies the acceptance of these waivers and conditions if the play is selected for production.
Questions can be directed to Lucky Penny Managing Director Barry Martin at email@example.com or you may call or text to 707-738-2920.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (503)
- 3GIRLS THEATRE "NEW WORKS FESTIVAL"
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre submission guidelines
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script”
- Public Theater Emerging Writers Group
- SUBURBAN HOLIDAYS 2017
- Classic Theater Harlem Reading Series submission g...
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- 365 Women A Year: a playwriting project
- Lucky Penny 8 x 10 Festival of 10 Minute Plays
- The Players Follies Play Reading Festival
- Ivoryton Playhouse Women Playwrights’ Initiative
- Theatre Roulette 2018
- Best of Bolton seeks short plays
- Lakeshore Players Theatre Active Voice: Staged Rea...
- Fred Ebb Award
- The Lanesboro Jerome Artist Residency Program
- Submissions for 2017-2018 Scratchpad Series due Ju...
- An evening of Monologues & Shorts
- Caleb Reese Festival of New Plays and Musicals
- Rewrite Your Play this Summer Online with Primary ...
- The Lark's Jerome New York Fellowship 2018-19
- Stella Adler Academy of Acting & Theatre seeks pla...
- One Company Writers Residency Retreat
- New Voices Series seeking short Halloween themed s...
- 2017 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- MadLab seeks full-length plays
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- MILDRED and ALBERT PANOWSKI Playwriting Competitio...
- Women Playwrights International commission opportu...
- Cimientos 2017
- DVRF Playwrights Program seeks full-length plays
- Scratch Night at TNC
- North Park Playwright Festival 2017
- Ismena Collective seeks playwright
- Next Gen musicals for young audiences submission g...
- PLAYWRIGHTS' LAB ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBER...
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- Script Submissions: 21st Century Voices
- My Irish Love Song seeks monologues
- NYSUMMERFEST PLAYWRIGHT/MUSICAL/ONE ACT/ SHORT FES...
- UCB Training Center Scholarships/Fellowships
- Calling New Playwrights! Fundamentals of Playwriti...
- Apothetae at Lark Playwriting Fellowship
- TSSF Journal submissions
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence and Conflict...
- NEWvember Dublin New Play Festival
- BMI Theater Workshop Applications
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- CALL FOR SHORT PLAYS about gay hookups
- Join the NYCPlaywrights Mailing List
- SENIOR THEATRE PLAYS, BOOKS, AND MATERIALS NEEDED
- Online Television Writing at Primary Stages ESPA
- Women in the Age of Trump: SEARCH TEAM (excerpt) b...
- Acadians Repertory Theatre seeks full-length work ...
- Talking Stick Festival 2017
- ▼ June (56)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)