Tenured Son Theatre currently seeking full-length plays for inaugural 2018 season. No restrictions on subject matter however set changes and tech requirements should be kept to a minimum. Looking for great dialogue, excellent character development and a new/unique perspective. Please read the following guidelines before submitting:
1. Play must be new, full-length (preferably 80-120 minutes). One act plays are permitted as long as they meet the preferred time span. Going over or under the preferred time will not exclude your play from consideration. It is merely a suggested length. Plays that have received a production on any scale are not allowed. However, staged readings or workshopped plays are allowed.
2. No musicals, adaptations or plays specifically meant for children. Also, no one-man shows. We prefer a cast size of 3-10, however a cast of any size as long as its 2+ are welcomed!
3. No restrictions on content matter or themes. You write it and we'll read it!
4. While you may include your name and contact information on your script, no other information is required. No resume, headshot, bio, synopsis is needed and we actually prefer just the script in .pdf or .doc format. Please include brief character breakdown.
5. Deadline to submit is midnight April 30th, 2017. Please email your submissions to email@example.com and place "2018 Submission - TITLE OF PLAY" in the subject line and your contact info in the body of the email. Even if this info is provided in your script please provide this information in the email itself.
The winner will be notified no later than August 1st, 2017. The winning play will be produced as part of our inaugural season. We have produced many shows since 2013 but next year will be our first fully scheduled theatre season. The winning playwright will have travel and lodging paid for as well as a cash stipend to attend the opening weekend of their show which will be in Kansas City, MO. Attendance is not mandatory but is preferred as we will also have a talk back during the opening weekend. Please note, in submitting your play you give Tenured Son Theatre the right to produce your play during the month of April in 2018 without receiving any royalties.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
- ► 2018 (546)
- Marion Thauer Brown Audio Drama Scriptwriting Comp...
- Playwrights Realm Writing Fellowship
- 2017 ROCKFORD NEW PLAY FESTIVAL
- MITF seeks short plays and musicals
- Park Avenue United Methodist Church Seeks work for...
- 9Thirty Theatre Company (9TTC) accepts submissions...
- APAC SEEKS SCRIPTS FOR 24TH ANNUAL ORIGINAL PLAY F...
- Village Playwrights Loud and Proud
- 20th Annual Aurand Harris Memorial Playwriting Awa...
- Geva Theatre Open Submission Window
- Open Bar Theatricals Fellowship
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Entries to LezPlay...
- Summer Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- 1st New York International FRIDGE Festival
- The 2018 Boston Project: Call for Proposals
- BOSTON FURNACE FRINGE
- Big Apple Theater Festival seeks 10-minute plays
- EMOS ~ Ecodrama Playwrights Festival & Symposium ~...
- The Ypsi THRIVE New Short Play Festival
- Off With Her Head Productions is accepting submiss...
- Women in the Age of Trump: STAY WOKE (excerpt) by ...
- NYSUMMERFEST PLAYWRIGHT/MUSICAL/ONE ACT/ SHORT FES...
- Arch and Bruce Brown 2017 Playwriting Competition
- Talk Back Theatre seeks plays for readings in Cali...
- Renegade Theatre Festival
- LIC One Act Festival 2017
- Capital Repertory Theatre’s (theREP) New Voices ev...
- RADD Productions seeks work
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company is currently acceptin...
- Thespian Production seeks short plays
- Seeking Summer Shorts 10-Minute Scripts
- York Theatre Company Developmental Reading Series
- The Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival ...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle's 18th Annual New Pla...
- Apothetae at Lark Playwriting Fellowship
- Ox-Bow Residency 2017
- Left Coast Theatre Co. seeks 10- to 15-Minute Play...
- The Dr. Floyd Gaffney Playwriting Competition 2017...
- Red Theater of Chicago offers free tickets
- Open Space Arts Summer Playwright's Festival
- Women in the Age of Trump: WAIT FOR IT by Lisa Car...
- MANHATTAN REP'S SUMMER PLAY SPECTACULAR
- The 50th Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting ...
- 2017 ENGAGING ARTISTS FELLOWSHIP
- Equity Library Theater Summer 2017 Play Festival
- The Puppeteers of America Rose Endowment Fund
- LIVE ART - NEW YORK CITY MAY 2017 Manhattan Repert...
- SPECIAL RATES AVAILABLE FOR NYCPLAYWRIGHTS: Robert...
- LGBTQ Short Play Contest Fresh Fruit Festival New ...
- Athena Project seeks Plays in Progress
- BRB Artists Retreat
- Tenured Son Theatre 2018 Season - full-length play...
- Balkan Regional Playwrights Contest for Children’s...
- I AM SOUL Playwright Residency
- Artists' Exchange 12th Annual One Act Play Festiva...
- Page 73 Playwriting Fellowship
- Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- ▼ April (57)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)