This award is administered by the Women in Theatre Program. The Jane Chambers Playwriting Award recognizes plays and performance texts created by women that present a feminist perspective and contain significant opportunities for female performers. This annual award is given in memory of lesbian playwright Jane Chambers who, through her plays A Late Snow, Last Summer at Bluefish Cove, My Blue Heaven, Kudzu, and The Quintessential Image, became a major feminist voice in American theatre. For questions or concerns, contact Vice President for Awards Jocelyn L. Buckner.The awardee will receive an award of 1k from the WTP Program, and, from ATHE $500 towards travel expenses (reimbursement), in addition to conference registration and two nights in the conference hotel.
To apply, please complete the form online and submit your play electronically by using the link at the bottom of this form. We strongly urge electronic submissions. If you strongly prefer to send hardcopy you may return the application form with two copies of your script to arrive by the deadline (however, scripts will not be returned); also include your e-mail info or SASPC to the name below to enable confirmation of receipt:
East Carolina University
School of Theatre and Dance
Mail Stop 553
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
NB: STUDENT Submissions should be sent separately and directly to the Coordinator as per the WTP Website and student guidelines. All Guidelines Must be followed, including sending the play to the current coordinator’s address, to be considered. Thank You!!
View the Jane Chambers Playwriting Award FAQ and Guidelines here.
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 1, 2017.
Please note that Google Chrome is the suggested browser to use when submitting your application.
To learn more about the Women in Theatre Program, visit their page here.
PLEASE NOTE: Your submission will not be reviewed if it was submitted after 11:59 pm (CST) on March 1, 2017.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- The Anna Zornio Children's Theatre Playwriting Awa...
- The Princeton Theatre Group New Works Festival - ...
- Chagrin Valley 10-10 FESTIVAL SCRIPT SUBMISSION
- UN-CHARTED NEW WORKS FESTIVAL
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- Mixed Blood Submission Guidelines
- ANNOUNCING PLAYFEST 2017 NEW PLAY SUBMISSIONS
- Moonlit Wings International Playwright Contest 201...
- *CALLING FEMALE PLAYWRIGHTS* The Future Is Female ...
- Urban Stages Emerging Playwright Award Submission ...
- Woodward/Newman Drama Award
- Adapt your Play (or any material) into a Screenpla...
- HUDSON THEATRE WORKS IS LOOKING FOR PLAY SUBMISSIO...
- Script Submissions for Playwrights’ Revolution
- Celebration Barn Residency
- THE PLAYWRIGHTS GROUP — A WEEKLY WORKSHOP
- Yale Repertory Theatre submission guidelines
- The First Draft at Primary Stages
- JANE CHAMBERS PLAYWRITING AWARD
- MANHATTAN REP'S PLAY PRODUCTION PROGRAM
- FROM PAGE TO STAGE
- New Light Theater Project Darkroom 13
- EVCT Aspiring Playwrights Contest 2017
- Bacchanalia 2017 New Play Readings Festival
- New Aesthetics two-week summer intensive
- Headwaters call for submissions
- Park Plays Festival
- Prism Festival
- Discount Tickets: THE VIEW UPSTAIRS
- Screenwriting Structure at Primary Stages ESPA
- BIG APPLE THEATER FESTIVAL
- Panglossian Playwrights submission guidelines
- 2017 Jerome Emerging Artists Residency (August) - ...
- Bad Theater Fest Philadelphia
- Watermelon One-Act Festival (Baltimore MD)
- Online Writing Classes at Primary Stages
- Seeking Ten Minute Plays for the 5th Annual Take T...
- MITF: Summer
- Fantastic.Z 2017 New Works Festival
- ▼ February (39)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)