We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Saturday, December 17, 2016
Samuel French: Playwrights welcome
Playwrights Welcome, developed for the Dramatists Guild of America members, is a national ticketing initiative created by Samuel French along with Dramatists Play Service, Dramatic Publishing, Music Theatre International, Playscripts and Rodgers and Hammerstein. This program was made out of a desire to support the artistic health of our industry's writers, and by extension the vibrancy of the American theatre.
We’re aware that attending theatre is an integral part to how writers learn their craft and grows as artists. However, it can often be costly for writers to do that simple act. Playwrights Welcome is designed to offer available tickets to professional playwrights on the day of a performance, free of charge. These available tickets are ones that would otherwise go unsold; we firmly believe that no theater should give away a ticket that could otherwise be sold. To learn more about how your theater can get involved, or how you as a playwright can take advantage of this Dramatists Guild benefit, see below.
How It Works
Theaters may sign up to participate in Playwrights Welcome by filling out this form. Our Program Manager will be in touch with next steps. Once registered, theaters will receive a welcome packet, complete with language to use in marketing and promotion, a logo pack, and a window cling to display in your box office window.
We will advertise the program to playwrights, but we encourage you to promote Playwrights Welcome to your community by displaying the window cling in your box office. We also recommend featuring the Playwrights Welcome program on your website or in printed materials with your ticket policies.
Eligible playwrights will call or visit your box office for day-of tickets - or through a reservation system designed by your theater. Every box office works differently, and we know that you may not be able to offer day-of tickets, so managing reservations for this program is at your discretion. Our only requirement is that playwrights present their Dramatists Guild card to claim their ticket. See below for notes about specific ticket reservations at theaters that currently offer Playwrights Welcome.
More information here.
- ► 2018 (543)
- ► 2017 (662)
- Women in the Age of Trump - the semi-finalists
- Bill Broyles Award
- SKIRTS, the AlphaNYC Theater Company's Winter Thea...
- Carlton E. Spitzer’s Excellence in Playwriting 20...
- Promising Playwright Contest 2017
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute Play Serie...
- MULTISTAGES 2017 NEW WORKS CONTEST
- The Navigators Theater Company seeks 10-minute pla...
- Proscenium is now accepting submissions
- Las Vegas Little Theatre's 9th Annual New Works Co...
- Call for Submissions For 5th Annual LaBute New The...
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- WOMEN IN THE AGE OF TRUMP: submissions are now clo...
- Women in the Age of Trump - NYCPlaywrights call fo...
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's SHORT PLAY PROJECT
- Source Festival 2017 10-Minute Play Submissions
- INK tank seeks playwrights of color
- Native American New Play Festival
- Premiere Stages seeks full-length plays
- Little Festival of the Unexpected 2016
- East Village Chronicles, Volume 13 April 2017
- Samuel French: Playwrights welcome
- Horse Trade Submission Guidelines
- Discount tickets: PUFFS
- Seeking 10-minute plays for show at Lucky Jacks on...
- The Owl and Cat Theatre seeks provocative world Pr...
- The Robert Chesley/Victor Bumbalo Foundation resid...
- HERE Artist Residency Program (HARP)
- Manhattan Rep's FEBRUARY SHORT PLAY PARTY
- Austin Playhouse Festival of New American Plays
- Undiscovered Countries seeking short sci-fi plays
- PL.A.Y Noir: One Act Play Festival
- 10-10 FESTIVAL SCRIPT SUBMISSION
- Celtic Calling 2017 Playwriting Contest
- Desde el Puente 2nd Annual One Act Play Festival
- Vermont Pride Theater at Chandler seeks full-lengt...
- Evergreen Museum & Library Artist-in-Residency Pro...
- MANHATTAN REP'S SPRING PLAY SPECTACULAR
- Act One: One Act Festival January 9th - 28th
- Spring Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- KUMU KAHUA THEATRE/UHM THEATRE AND DANCE DEPARTMEN...
- East End Fringe Festival
- This Is Not Normal: Application Call
- 2017 NEW VOICES PLAY FESTIVAL
- Pallas Theatre Collective welcomes submissions of ...
- The call for submissions is now open for EURODRAM ...
- ▼ December (46)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)