Submissions accepted through December 15, 2016
Selections announced on March 1, 2017
Festival held on May 5 – 7, 2017
WHERE: Austin Playhouse at ACC’s Highland Campus 6001 Airport Blvd., Austin, TX 78752
Full-length scripts are currently being accepted through December 15, 2016. Three to four scripts will be selected and announced to the public on March 1, 2017. Professional directors and performers will be assigned to the selected scripts for a rehearsal period culminating in a series of public staged readings from May 5 – 7, 2017.
Festival playwrights will be awarded a $500 prize.
- Plays must be submitted in PDF form by December 15.
- Plays must be full-length with a running time of at least an hour.
- Plays must be submitted in an acceptable script format and written primarily in English.
- Plays must be unproduced. Scripts may have received public readings or limited workshops, but additional information may be requested to determine eligibility.
- Only one script per playwright may be submitted.
- Playwrights must be citizens of the United States. Submissions from Austinites, Texans, and underserved populations are particularly encouraged.
- Playwrights must submit plays and send direct inquiries to email@example.com with the subject header “New Play Festival.”
- Playwrights must include a brief biography or resume with submission.
- Austin Playhouse will have first right of refusal for selected scripts for the 2017-2018 season.