"What do you wear under what you wear?"
Lama is now accepting submissions for two new One Act plays that are inspired by the project’s question. We are open to submissions from both genders but we are interested in plays that address the topic from a woman’s character point of view.
When you submit please keep in mind that Lama encourages artistic exploration, provoking and risk taking writing.
We are looking for one act plays which have not been previously produced in New York. Plays that have received an Equity production, musicals, children’s shows or full-length plays are not accepted.
The chosen two One Act plays will be premièred at Under St. Marks Theater, New York as part of Lama’s Winter Season 2017.
We will assign a director to each play that is chosen. We will also provide the venue, lights, sound and production needs.
Our Mission: Lama means WHY in Hebrew. The Lama Theater Company is a writer/director driven, nonprofit company that continually raises questions and encourages bold new writing and directing. Lama generates new work that explores theatrical, psychological, political and social questions from within the nation and around the world to inspire different points of view and theatrical visions.
November 18th - playwrights submission deadline! December 2nd - announcement of chosen works.
January 26th – February 5th (Thursday – Sunday) Performances at Under St. Marks Theater,
READ BEFORE SUBMITTING:
• Plays that are inspired by this theme are preferred.
• Playwrights can be national or international, but plays must be in English.
• One Act plays should be between 15-55 pages in standard playwright formats.
• Plays should have a moderate sized cast (2-4 characters), although larger casts with
doubling are also possible.
• Only one submission per artist.
• Only submissions by electronic attachment will be accepted, Microsoft Word document
• Submit a BLIND copy of your script (without any personal information on it.)
• E-mail your play to: email@example.com
• Include the title of the play and the country you’re submitting from in the subject line.
• Please fill your contact information at our website: http://www.lamatheatercompany.com/one-act-submission
IF YOUR PLAY IS SELECTED, Lama Theater Company will supply the venue, lights, sound, a stage manager, cast and director. We will also provide a video of the production. Playwrights will be charged a $200 fee to help cover some of the production expenses.
Any Questions? Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you
out! For updates and more information about Lama, join our mailing list or follow us: https://www.facebook.com/lamatheatercompany
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
- ► 2018 (537)
- ► 2017 (662)
- Little Black Dress seeks 10-minute plays
- Submissions wanted for Pinning Our Hopes: A Night ...
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Co. seeks one-act plays
- Manhattan Rep’s January Short Play Competition
- New Works Festival 2017 Script Submission
- The Monthly Question December 2016
- Campfire Theatre Festival is accepting submissions...
- Urban Stages CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS THE JANUARY PLA...
- NYCPlaywrights poll results
- Pallas Theatre Collective seeks musicals
- 2017 National Latino Playwriting Award
- 2017 ARTIST AS ACTIVIST TWO-YEAR FELLOWSHIP
- Manhattan Rep's December Holiday Event 2016
- MANHATTAN REP'S WINTER PLAY SPECTACULAR
- Between Us Productions is seeking 10 minute plays
- Theatre InspiraTO's 12th Playwriting Contest is no...
- Playwriting Group and New Play Festival
- Live Girls! Theater seeking ten-minute plays
- Seeking new plays, screenplays, and performance pi...
- ANNUAL SHORT PLAY COMPETITION: THINK FAST 2017
- The Joust Theatre Company's Inaugural Workshop Ser...
- LAMA THEATER COMPANY IS CALLING ALL PLAYWRIGHTS TO...
- Four Quarter Theater, a NYC based theater ensemble...
- Gallery Players seeks plays
- Seeking submissions for the Spring 2017 season
- Discount tickets: SWEET
- MULTISTAGES 2017 NEW WORKS CONTEST
- ELEVENTH NOR'EASTERN PLAYWRITING CONTEST
- Lakeshore Players Theatre is accepting submissions...
- Därkhorse Dramatists seeks one-act plays
- 365 Women A Year: a playwriting project
- MRT seeks short plays
- Camargo Foundation Residencies
- Prize for Women Playwrights
- 8th Annual Northport One-Act Play Festival
- PROOF OF CONCEPT: A READING SERIES FOR INVESTIGATI...
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education ATHE ...
- Jewish Women's Theatre seeks scripts
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre seeks 10 minute plays
- Theatre Southwest is now accepting 5- to 10-minute...
- Stage Left Theater call for 1-minute plays for Fas...
- ▼ November (41)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)