We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Friday, November 11, 2016
Discount tickets: SWEET
Labels: discount tickets
Written by Harrison David Rivers
Directed by Raelle Myrick-Hodges
National Black Theatre Inc., 2031 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10035
Limited engagement through November 20th
“Crowd-pleasing…Ms. Aharanwa…[brings] a kind of glow to the dreamy, dutiful Retha”
– The New York Times
Retha and Nina Baker have always been close—folding laundry together, chasing fireflies together, and enduring the summer heat together. But when their mother dies unexpectedly and their neighbor, George, returns home from college, the sisters’ relationship begins to fray and long-held desires threaten to tear them apart. Set on the outskirts of an all-black town in rural Kansas, SWEET is a coming of age story about the sacrifices we make to hold on to the ones we love.
$25 (reg. $35) – now thru November 13th
$30 (reg. $40) – November 14th – November 20th
TWO EASY WAYS TO REDEEM:
ONLINE: Visit Nationalblacktheatre.org and use code RISE
PHONE: Call 212-352-3101 and mention code RISE
Restrictions: Phone and Online Service Fees will be applied at checkout. Subject to availability. Not valid on prior purchase. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Additional blackout dates and restrictions may apply. No refunds or exchanges. Offer may be revoked at any time.
Groups of 15 or more: $15 tickets
Schedule & pricing may change at any time. Group pricing for the final week of performances (November 14th – November 20th) must be purchased by November 1st. Submit order by fax to (212) 860-8004 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Link for NationalBlackTheatre.org in Online redemption section: https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pr/962620/prm/Rise
- ► 2018 (547)
- ► 2017 (662)
- Little Black Dress seeks 10-minute plays
- Submissions wanted for Pinning Our Hopes: A Night ...
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Co. seeks one-act plays
- Manhattan Rep’s January Short Play Competition
- New Works Festival 2017 Script Submission
- The Monthly Question December 2016
- Campfire Theatre Festival is accepting submissions...
- Urban Stages CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS THE JANUARY PLA...
- NYCPlaywrights poll results
- Pallas Theatre Collective seeks musicals
- 2017 National Latino Playwriting Award
- 2017 ARTIST AS ACTIVIST TWO-YEAR FELLOWSHIP
- Manhattan Rep's December Holiday Event 2016
- MANHATTAN REP'S WINTER PLAY SPECTACULAR
- Between Us Productions is seeking 10 minute plays
- Theatre InspiraTO's 12th Playwriting Contest is no...
- Playwriting Group and New Play Festival
- Live Girls! Theater seeking ten-minute plays
- Seeking new plays, screenplays, and performance pi...
- ANNUAL SHORT PLAY COMPETITION: THINK FAST 2017
- The Joust Theatre Company's Inaugural Workshop Ser...
- LAMA THEATER COMPANY IS CALLING ALL PLAYWRIGHTS TO...
- Four Quarter Theater, a NYC based theater ensemble...
- Gallery Players seeks plays
- Seeking submissions for the Spring 2017 season
- Discount tickets: SWEET
- MULTISTAGES 2017 NEW WORKS CONTEST
- ELEVENTH NOR'EASTERN PLAYWRITING CONTEST
- Lakeshore Players Theatre is accepting submissions...
- Därkhorse Dramatists seeks one-act plays
- 365 Women A Year: a playwriting project
- MRT seeks short plays
- Camargo Foundation Residencies
- Prize for Women Playwrights
- 8th Annual Northport One-Act Play Festival
- PROOF OF CONCEPT: A READING SERIES FOR INVESTIGATI...
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education ATHE ...
- Jewish Women's Theatre seeks scripts
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre seeks 10 minute plays
- Theatre Southwest is now accepting 5- to 10-minute...
- Stage Left Theater call for 1-minute plays for Fas...
- ▼ November (41)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)