Fee will be waived for members of the Dramatists Guild.
Cash awards of $250 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place, and $50 for 3rd place will be presented.
Winning plays will be produced by Tree City Playhouse.
To enter please send the following items to the address below:
1. Completed entry form
2. Bio of the playwright(s) – must be 100 words or less
3. Play synopsis including character descriptions
4. Three copies of the script
5. $5 entry fee or copy of current Dramatist Guild membership card
(checks should be made out to SCAC)
Mail to: Keith Ramsdell
Tree City Playhouse
10-Minute Play Competition
5632 North Main Street
Sylvania, OH 43560
1. The competition is open to all playwrights 18 years of age and older. Only one play per playwright may be entered per year. Plays may be co-written by more than one playwright, but the names of all playwrights must appear on the entry form.
2. Entries must be one-act stage plays with performance times of 8 to 15 minutes. Full-length plays, musicals, children’s plays, film and TV scripts, and plays previously entered in this competition are ineligible.
3. Submissions are restricted to original dramatic works – no adaptations – that have not been previously published or submitted to this playwriting competition.
4. While all reasonable care will be taken, Tree City Playhouse and SCAC do not assume any responsibility for lost, misplaced or damaged scripts.
5. There are no restrictions on genre or theme.
6. Scripts will be judged on concept, dramatic action, characterization and dialogue. Preference will be given to plays with 2 to 4 characters, limited staging requirements, and content/language sensitive to the “family-friendly” value of Tree City Playhouse. The decisions of the judges are final. No critiques will be given, and no scripts will be returned.
7. Tree City Playhouse will produce the winning plays royalty-free during its 2017 Festival of 10-Minute Plays. This includes the right to make rehearsal copies of the script, to use the title of the play and the author’s name in publicity and promotion, and to videotape the play for archival purposes. The playwright will receive a program and DVD from the production. All future production and publication rights remain the property of the playwright.
8. The deadline for entries is a postmark of November 1, 2016. Late scripts will not be accepted, and revisions cannot be made once a script has been submitted.
1. To ensure anonymity during the judging process, no personal information should appear anywhere on the submitted script. The entry form will contain this information.
2. All scripts should be printed on 8-1/2” x 11” white paper, typewritten on one side only and submitted in acceptable play manuscript format. Each copy should be bound with a staple. Pages must be numbered, and the name of the play should appear on each page.
3. The entry form, bio, synopsis and fee or copy of DG card should be clipped together.
Please contact Keith Ramsdell at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
You may also visit us on the web at www.sylvaniaarts.org/treecityplayhouse