Seeking: A 25-35 minute contemporary holiday tale inspired by all or part of Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol," with an overall message of hope for the holiday season.
• THE WINNING SCRIPT WILL BE PERFORMED IN CONCERT- STYLE DURING THE 2016 HOLIDAY SHOW, DECEMBER 3 (7PM) AND 4 (3PM) AT FAIRFIELD THEATRE COMPANY.
• THE WINNING PLAYWRIGHT WILL SEE THEIR PLAY PERFORMED BY BROADWAY ACTORS AND OTHER PROS AND RECEIVE 2 COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS TO THE SHOW OF THEIR CHOICE.
• Play should be written to accommodate 3-5 adult and 1-3 child actors. While doubling and non-traditional casting is always an option, the play should be written with these logistics in mind. We encourage diversity in gender, ethnicity, and age in your work.
• Social justice is a big part of the NPT mission; we mentor in-need students alongside our Broadway and other professionals. Locally relevant issues to Fairfield County Connecticut are strongly encouraged.
• Since we typically perform in black box theatres on limited budgets, less is often more. We suggest scripts that require fewer than 10 actors and uncomplicated/limited scenery. Production value will be one step above that of a staged reading.
• Musical numbers are fine, so long as the rights are your own or public domain. We are not interested in a musical but a play with a couple insert carols is fine.
• Advice on script formatting: http://nycp.blogspot.com/p/playscript-formattingtemplate.html
• Please take a few moments to peruse our website to familiarize yourself with our mission, our directors, and our history.
Scripts not meeting the following requirements will NOT be considered.
• Please email your submission by October 22 at 8PM in two PDF files to Kristin Huffman, Artistic Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The PDF files should contain:
1 Your cover page. INCLUDE the play's title, playwright's name, and full contact information (name, phone number, email, mailing address)
2 Your script. INCLUDE a list of characters and descriptions. Submissions should be 25-35 minutes only. Longer or shorter submissions, incomplete submissions, excerpts, and synopses will be rejected.
• Please let us know in your email how you heard about NPT.
For any additional questions, please email Kristin: email@example.com.
Due to the volume of submissions accepted, we will only contact playwrights selected for the show. Scripts submitted will be considered the original creations of the authors, not Works for Hire. The author will retain all copyright rights and privileges granted thereto. If the winning script is subsequently published, we ask authors to note "New Paradigm Theatre" as the original producing company. Deadline: October 22, 2016 at 8PM
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org