1. All play submissions are due no later than October 21, 2016.
2. Please send 2 files including your play. (The selection committee will read the versions without a byline.)
a. With byline
b. Without byline
3. You may submit only ONE 10 Minute Play.
a. Your play must have 5 or less speaking/non-speaking roles
4. This year's festival will have a theme. Please ensure your play aligns with the theme of the festival.
THEME: This is My Life
5. Your play must be in play format making it easy for the readers.
a. 12 point or greater font
b. Courier New, Times New Roman or Arial
6. Submit plays keeping in mind minimalist setting and lighting.
7. The play must be unpublished at the time of submission.
8. Submitting your play grants The Gary Garrison Playwriting Festival the right to produce your play in our annual festival. Studio 33 will have the right to photograph and/or video it for archival purposes.
9. Please include your play’s suggested rating based on language, nudity, violence, drug and alcohol use. We reserve the right to alter ratings.
10. Playwrights must be open to discussion with directors and potential re-writes. You MAY NOT direct your own show.
11. The first 50 submissions will be accepted by email and read by our readers.
a. Send 2 emails to: email@example.com
a. Subject: Name of Play - with Byline
b. Subject: Name of Play - without Byline
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (537)
- ► 2017 (662)
- SLAM Boston Diverse Voices in Theatre seeks 10-min...
- 11th Annual 10 Minute Play Festival
- The University of Houston School of Theatre & Danc...
- T. Schreiber Studio & Theatre's 2017 New Works Pro...
- The Commission Theatre Company is seeking submissi...
- Blackboard Plays RedVolution Community Night seeks...
- EST/Sloan Project commissions
- Cape Cod Theater Project 2017
- The Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- Discount tickets: RENT CONTROL
- The Pacific Playwrights Festival (PPF)
- NYWINTERFEST THEATER COMPETITION SUBMISSIONS WANTE...
- CALL FOR PLAYS | NATIONAL TEN-MINUTE PLAY CONTEST
- The Richard Rodgers Awards 2017
- Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival 2017
- Tree City Playhouse 10-Minute Play Competition
- Tenth Annual Original One-Act Festival
- Theatre Southwest 12th Annual Readers Theatre
- Residency - Writers Omi at Ledig House
- Discount tickets: ONE FLEA SPARE
- New Plays for Young Audiences seeks full-length pl...
- Gary Garrison Playwriting Festival - 2016 Guidelin...
- Theatrical Botanicum Seedlings
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre Fall 10 Minute Play S...
- Eden Prairie Players Accepting Submissions of One ...
- 2017 Last Frontier Theatre Conference
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's FALL PLAY SPECTACULA...
- Windy City Playhouse is accepting submissions for ...
- Free reading: Aphra Behn UN/MASKED
- New York Theater Workshop 2017 Fellowships
- Relationship Theatre seeks short plays
- DUAF seeking staged plays
- New Paradigm Theatre's Holiday Show 2016 to Accept...
- White Rabbit Productions seeks a team of writers
- EST Marathon of One Act Plays
- Ten Minute Plays Wanted for Festival
- Rover Dramawerks 10-Minute Play Contest
- Discount tickets: COMMUNION
- Onion Man Productions seeks ten-minute plays
- 2017 Van Lier New Voices Fellowship
- Acadia Theatre MiniFest
- Babes with Blades: Joining Sword & Pen
- SPOOKTACULAR seeks ten-minute plays
- Episcopal High School Seeks Musical Theatre Submis...
- Native Voices seeks full-length plays
- FIRST FLIGHT New Play Festival
- 2017 Jewish Plays Project Season
- Open Call: New Plays from the World
- Discount Tickets: SWEET
- MiniFest seeks one-act plays
- ▼ October (50)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)