The FIRST FLIGHT New Play Festival is one of the premiere new play development festivals in Indie Theatre. Each play selected to participate in the festival received 6 hours of rehearsal time over the course of one week, culminating in a public reading of the play for a supportive audience.
The upcoming Open Submission Season for the 2017 First Flight Festival begins Wednesday September 15th, 2016 and closes Saturday October 15th, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST
Boomerang only accepts electronic submissions. No hard copy submissions will be considered.
Please submit your resume, a synopsis of your play, and a 10 page sample of the play. Note: this does not have to be the first 10 pages; merely the 10 pages that best represent the play and your writing.
1) FIRST FLIGHT develops only new full length plays--comedies or dramas, adaptations or wholly original--that speak to the current cultural and historical moment in time.
2) We are especially interested in theatrical use of language and style.
3) Plays are not limited to cast size, period or setting.
4) We do not accept musicals, nor do we accept one act plays less than 60 minutes.
Please submit materials and questions to: Literary@boomerangtheatre.org
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (543)
- ► 2017 (662)
- SLAM Boston Diverse Voices in Theatre seeks 10-min...
- 11th Annual 10 Minute Play Festival
- The University of Houston School of Theatre & Danc...
- T. Schreiber Studio & Theatre's 2017 New Works Pro...
- The Commission Theatre Company is seeking submissi...
- Blackboard Plays RedVolution Community Night seeks...
- EST/Sloan Project commissions
- Cape Cod Theater Project 2017
- The Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- Discount tickets: RENT CONTROL
- The Pacific Playwrights Festival (PPF)
- NYWINTERFEST THEATER COMPETITION SUBMISSIONS WANTE...
- CALL FOR PLAYS | NATIONAL TEN-MINUTE PLAY CONTEST
- The Richard Rodgers Awards 2017
- Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival 2017
- Tree City Playhouse 10-Minute Play Competition
- Tenth Annual Original One-Act Festival
- Theatre Southwest 12th Annual Readers Theatre
- Residency - Writers Omi at Ledig House
- Discount tickets: ONE FLEA SPARE
- New Plays for Young Audiences seeks full-length pl...
- Gary Garrison Playwriting Festival - 2016 Guidelin...
- Theatrical Botanicum Seedlings
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre Fall 10 Minute Play S...
- Eden Prairie Players Accepting Submissions of One ...
- 2017 Last Frontier Theatre Conference
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's FALL PLAY SPECTACULA...
- Windy City Playhouse is accepting submissions for ...
- Free reading: Aphra Behn UN/MASKED
- New York Theater Workshop 2017 Fellowships
- Relationship Theatre seeks short plays
- DUAF seeking staged plays
- New Paradigm Theatre's Holiday Show 2016 to Accept...
- White Rabbit Productions seeks a team of writers
- EST Marathon of One Act Plays
- Ten Minute Plays Wanted for Festival
- Rover Dramawerks 10-Minute Play Contest
- Discount tickets: COMMUNION
- Onion Man Productions seeks ten-minute plays
- 2017 Van Lier New Voices Fellowship
- Acadia Theatre MiniFest
- Babes with Blades: Joining Sword & Pen
- SPOOKTACULAR seeks ten-minute plays
- Episcopal High School Seeks Musical Theatre Submis...
- Native Voices seeks full-length plays
- FIRST FLIGHT New Play Festival
- 2017 Jewish Plays Project Season
- Open Call: New Plays from the World
- Discount Tickets: SWEET
- MiniFest seeks one-act plays
- ▼ October (50)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)