Seeking fully produced one act plays
(cast, directed and ready to perform by late July, early August)
11 minutes to 20 minutes in length for
MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2016
July 25 - August 12, 2016
at Manhattan Rep, 303 W.42nd St.
$1000 PRIZE for BEST ONE ACT PLAY PRODUCTION!!!
EACH PLAY WILL BE GIVEN A MINIMUM OF 3 PERFORMANCES,
(And an additional 4 performances if the play goes on to the FINALS - August 11 & August 12, 2016 )
To submit your one act play production please email:
The complete play,
a synopsis of the play,
the character breakdown,
the running time of the play,
the set and lighting requirements,
the playʼs production history (if it has been produced before and where)
your mailing address,
and a creative team leader contact email address to:
by July 5, 2016 at Midnight.
Please put “Summer One Act Competition” in the subject heading.
We will contact you within a week as to your acceptance.
Plays that we love will be accepted on a First-Come First-Served basis.
The earlier you submit the better chances you have of being accepted for we may end submissions before July 5, 2016, if we fill up all available performance slots.
There is no submission fee. NON-EQUITY ONLY.
Each play will be given a MINIMUM of 3 performances, with 4 more performances if the play moves on to the finals.
We will supply a technician to run the sound and lights.
Once accepted, there will be a $155.00 participation fee.
There will be NO additional security fees or Manhattan Repertory Theatre based production fees.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (508)
- ► 2017 (662)
- T. Schreiber Theatre seeks 10-minute plays
- Crossing Borders Repertory – Fall Reading
- DEATHSCRIBE: The Annual International Festival of ...
- The Bridge Initiative is accepting new plays and m...
- NYCPlaywrights readers poll results
- 2016 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- Park Playhouse seeking new musicals
- Fall Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- London Horror Festival 2016
- Ars Nova Residency
- Still Crazy (After All These Years!)
- David Calicchio Emerging American Playwright Prize...
- Lagos Literary and Arts Journal submission guideli...
- Generate 31 New Plays in 31 Days
- Seeking short plays for young audiences
- MRT - THE AUGUST EVENT
- Can Serrat Residency
- Free reading: PUSH DOWN GENTLY AND TURN
- Caleb Reese Festival of New Plays and Musicals
- Monsterpiece Theater Collective is seeking new pla...
- Five Minute Mile – Theatre on the Run
- Discount tickets: VISITING HOURS
- Cimientos 2016
- MRT'S Summer One Act Play Competition seeks immedi...
- Discount tickets: A DAY AT THE SEA
- Lucky Penny's 5th Annual Festival of 10 Minute Pla...
- MPAACT is seeking submissions
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company currently accepting s...
- 2017 Briefs: A Festival of Short LGBTQ Plays
- Infinity Stage, Sound & Film seeks scripts
- Overtime Theater Call for Submissions
- play for voices and words without borders contest
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute play Conte...
- Discount tickets: HYSTERICAL
- NEW DRAMATISTS RESIDENCY
- North Park Playwright Festival 2016
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS "SUMMER OF AUDIO"
- Sound Bites 4.0 Accepting Submissions
- Free reading in New Jersey: UNBOUND
- The Amoralists Residency
- LIVEART NYC SUMMER SHORTS 2016
- The Players Follies Play Reading Festival
- The Paragon Journal wants your play
- PLAY DATE: SUMMER 2016 - seeking female playwright...
- Wordsmyth Play Reading Series
- Call for original short Halloween plays by tri-sta...
- MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2016
- ▼ July (48)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)