It is that time of year again. We have chosen our artwork for the 2016 Playwrights and Artists Festival. We, as always, extend first look to those who have submitted to our festival in years previous. The artwork will follow a refresher on the rules.
1. The play must be inspired by one of the works of art below.
2. The play must be written between the dates June 13 and August 7 2016
3. The play length needs to be between 15 – 20 minutes
4. Cast size maximum, 5 characters. Set should be implied.
5. The playwright would need to attend at least one of the two weekend performances (which take place in November). In person is preferred but we have in the past skyped with playwrights. As our festival is starting to reach a greater number people in wider locations we feel that we must take this into consideration. We always hope our playwrights can attend in person and feel the energy and excitement of having their work performed onstage for the first time but we understand that sometimes this is not logistically possible.
6. Plays must be submitted by midnight of August 7 2016.
There are no exceptions to these rules. We love the idea of fresh work based on the inspiration of our chosen art. We choose our artworks carefully. We love to see where it takes our playwrights. Each piece of art has infinite possibilities of inspiration. We wish all good luck writing and can’t wait to see the results.
And now here are this years artworks.
|Artist: Adam Schultz|
|Artist: Sungchul Hong|
|Artist: Blazo Kovacevic|
Submissions must be made to this email address (email@example.com) with “2016 playwright submission” in the subject line.
Please send 2 copies of your play, one with your name and information on the title page and one completely blind with only the title and the piece that inspired it. I realize there are no titles with the artwork so a description of the piece is fine. Hopefully I will have titles for the pieces soon.
Once the deadline hits I will be taking each play and categorizing it by artwork and the plays will be sent to our adjudicators. There will be 2 plays chosen for each artwork. Once they are chosen I will contact all those who submitted. Please allow for at least 3 weeks to adjudicate.
Again I wish good luck to all those who choose to submit this year!