THESPIS THEATER FESTIVAL 2016 FIRST PRIZE $3,500
THE MOST ACCOMPLISHED AND WELCOMING FESTIVAL
MUSICALS AND PLAYS THIS IS THE PERFECT PLAY TO PRESENT YOUR WORK
NO FEES REQUIRED TO SUBMIT YOUR PLAY TO THIS FESTIVAL
Submissions Accepted from Everywhere in the US Shows from outside NY and NJ can only run if the entire cast and crew are from New York City.
Submissions must be between 30 and 90 minutes long.
Thespis is not only a festival, it's a competition as well.That means that there are prizes! The winner of the Best Play award will receive a prize of $3,500. Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director and singer will each receive $500. Best Original play will receive $200, Best Musical score $300. Best Stage manager and Set designer $200.
Please know that all genres are welcome, including MUSICALS.
Several of our winners over the years have been musicals. We are all musicians, and know exactly what you need to make your show a success.
ONE ACT PLAY WELCOME BUT THEY MUST BE 30 MINUTES OR LONGER.
Runs from July 11 thru October 2, 2016
Submissions accepted until June 15
How to Submit your work to Thespis Theater Festival
In order to submit a play please send the following via email:
1. A 100 word synopsis of the play
2. The complete script + character breakdown
3. Your telephone number and home address, plus the phone number of one other person in your production that we can contact
4. Your bio
5. All genres of shows are welcome to submit to our festivals.
6. Shows that have already been staged can also participate as long as the run was BEFORE 2014 and will participate in Thespis with AN ENTIRELY NEW CAST AND CREW.
7. Production’s history of the play submitted
8. Please tell us where did your hear about the festival
As soon as your play is accepted, you will be sent the festival guidelines. All plays will be given a three-performance run at the theater.