What is the Monthly Swap? Well it’s very similar to Lama’s Monthly Question (Our cold reading series of new & bold writing around Lama’s monthly question) BUT this month the question is with a TWIST... We are NOW open for submissions of short plays /Monologues/Poems and songs from ONLY Female writers from the US and England around the question:
WHAT IS YOUR WEAPON?
We will choose pieces that address the question differently from each country!
THEN … We SWAP the artist’s work. On the evening of the event, selected material from the US will be presented in London while selected work from the UK will be presented in NYC at the same day!
*** While submissions for the Monthly Question are usually open to all genders worldwide, this event is calling for work specifically from female’s writer from both countries. The Monthly Swap is a Collaboration between Lama & The So and So Art Club, inspired The So and So Arts Club's festival Women and War
July 10th (until Midnight, Eastern Time - EST) Playwrights/Poets/Song writers submission deadline.
July 17th - Announcement of chosen works.
July 25th – Performances: London: Monday, 25th of July at the So & So Arts Club (6 Fredericks Place London EC2R 8AB) Doors at 4:30PM, Show at 5:00P. NYC: Monday, 25th of July at Kraine Theater, 85 E 4th St, between 2nd & 3rd Avenues (Bowery.) Doors at 7:30PM Show at 8:00PM.
READ BEFORE SUBMITTING!
- Scripts must be related to the Monthly Question.
- The Monthly Swap question is: WHAT IS YOUR WEAPON? What inspires you when you read the question? We are interested in what you are thinking about and how the question might affect the work you do. Gather whatever inspiration the questions give you, and use it to fuel your chosen discipline. The questions are open to many interpretations!
- Submissions open to ONLY Female's writers from the US and England!
- When you submit please keep in mind that Lama encourage artistic exploration, provoking and risk-taking writing.
- Short plays are limited to 8 pages in standard playwriting formats. (You can submit your 10 pages play but please keep in mind that we might ask you to make a few cuts.)
- Poems/ Monologues are limited to 2 pages.
- Song samples should be mp3 and no more than 3 minutes. If your song gets chosen we will ask you to perform in person on the night.
- One submission per artist.
- Only submissions by electronic attachment will be accepted, Microsoft Word document or PDF.
- Submit a BLIND copy of your script and include a list of characters/descriptions.
- E-mail your script/song/poem to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the title of the play and the country you’re submitting from in the subject line and fill your personal contact info and name of your play in our Submission form:
Any Questions about Lama's monthly swap? Please email us: email@example.com and we’ll help you out!
For more information about The Monthly Question, visit our website http://www.lamatheatercompany.com/