SCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
PLEASE NOTE: OUR SCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES HAVE CHANGED.
Theater for The New City is committed to producing new work andrecognizing new voices. If you would like your work to be considered,please send a ten page sample of the script, brief synopsis and letter of introduction to the theater:
THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY
155 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10003
Attn: Michael Scott-Price, Literary Manager.
Please limit your submission to one script.
For inquiries about submissions, please contact our Literary Manager, Michael Scott-Price, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scratch Night at TNC
Crystal Field and Theater for the New City (TNC) will present a varied schedule "Scratch Night” performance program, which offers the opportunity for artists to present work in progress to an audience for one night. Scratch Night started in the United Kingdom in 2000 as a way to show work in progress in an evolution of performances. At TNC, we will put our own spin on the idea to best serve our own theatre community and New York area audiences.
Our hope is that participating artists will learn something that will feed their work. And the best thing that can happen is that a piece of work will go forward into… either at TNC or elsewhere.
Scratch Night is looking for a variety of the most daring artists to try out their most cool thoughts on stage and the audience will help in the development by way of TNC’s scratch ballot. Scratch Nights will take place throughout the year on a varied schedule. All theatrical forms are welcome. All stages of development are welcome.
What are we looking for?
Original theatre, puppetry, performance art, music, dance, and mixed media collaborations. No set running time.
Please forward all materials to Michael Scott-Price, email@example.com
Must include the following:
Biography with contact information of the artist’s name, address, telephone number and email address
Synopsis of the work
Sample or concept of the work, no more than 10 pages
Biographies of collaborators, if available
Description of stage set (if any) and production needs (i.e. sound and lighting)
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- THE LESLIE SCALAPINO AWARD FOR INNOVATIVE WOMEN PE...
- Qu Literary Magazine open for submissions
- One-Act Play Writing Competition
- Seeking ten-minute comedies about politics for the...
- The Arch and Bruce Brown Foundation Playwriting Co...
- Oh Force! Readings
- PICK OF THE VINE – Season 15 (2017)
- Online Playwriting Classes at Primary Stages
- Maned Wolf Productions seeks scripts
- HUMANA FESTIVAL PLAY SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES
- Living Room Series Submissions (Hollywood CA)
- THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY scratch night
- The Monthly Question. June 2016
- Original Works Online
- The Nick Darke Award 2016
- The Rewrite at Primary Stages
- METLIFE NUESTRAS VOCES NATIONAL PLAYWRITING COMPET...
- Florida Theatrical Association announces the 2016 ...
- Submissions are now open for the 28th Annual JetFe...
- The Secret Theatre presents: The 4th Annual Unfrin...
- 2016 Emerging Playwrights Program
- Fifth Annual Playwrights CageMatch
- Discount tickets: RUBBERMATCH
- Beta Series submission guidelines
- Circuit Training: Getting it Ready at Primary Stag...
- The 2017 Boston Project
- 2017 Young Audience Outreach Commissions
- BoxFest Detroit seeks plays
- SUBMIT FOR LIVEART NEW YORK CITY JUNE 2016 at Manh...
- Discount workshops: Southampton Theatre Conference...
- Crazytownblog seeks writers
- Wide Eyed Winks Staged Reading Series Season 4
- GAY PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, staged readings
- Company One submission guidelines
- Adirondack Theatre Festival submission guidelines
- MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY $1500.00 CHALLENGE
- The First Draft at Primary Stages
- MITF: Summer SEEKING CHILDREN'S PLAYS
- March Forth Summer Reading Salon
- The Renegade Theatre Festival, Lansing, Michigan
- Playwrights Realm Fellowship
- ▼ May (41)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)