The Ensemble Studio Theatre/Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Science & Technology Project is an initiative designed to stimulate artists to create credible and compelling work exploring the worlds of science and technology and to challenge the existing stereotypes of scientists and engineers in the popular imagination.
The partnership between the Ensemble Studio Theatre and The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is the creative engine behind hundreds of new American plays that challenge and broaden the public’s understanding of science and technology and their impact in our lives. Plays from the EST/Sloan Project are produced again and again across the country. This begins at EST’s home base in Hell’s Kitchen, New York, for forty years a crucial platform for new and unheard voices in the American theatre. Over the past fifteen years, this reputation has been enhanced by the critically acclaimed productions presented on the theatre’s Mainstage every season under the banner of the EST/Sloan Project.
Beyond New York, the program now has a nationwide reach. It supports development and production of new plays in theatres across the country through a combination of seed grants and production incentives. These initiatives provide an extended life for EST/Sloan plays in subsequent regional productions, and the seed grants provide a broader base of artistic opportunity for communities outside of New York, allowing the program to cast a wider net for new work.
Proposals will be accepted starting September 1st, 2015
Deadline for artist proposals and script submissions: November 1, 2015
Deadline for regional workshop grants: December 1, 2015
Click here for submission guidelines
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
Friday, October 30, 2015
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- whimperbang is accepting submissions
- RED PLAYWRITING COMPETITION
- Palm Beach Dramaworkshop
- The Ensemble Studio Theatre/Alfred P. Sloan Founda...
- The Platform Group seeks playwrights for project
- Free Tickets: Politikos 2015, the New York Politic...
- LADIES FIRST seeks theater announcements
- Writers Workshop discount: BURN THROUGH YOUR STORY...
- MAIL-ORDER DRAMATURGY PROGRAM
- The Greenhouse Submissions
- EMERGING PLAYWRIGHT AWARD SUBMISSION
- CALL FOR FIVE-MINUTE PLAYS
- Uptown Works seeks one-act plays
- Martini Theatre Company Seeking submissions of new...
- MRT November Event
- The Monthly Question. November 2015
- Mastodon Theatre is seeking a full-length play
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church is seeking submission...
- Eden Prairie Players Now Accepting One Act Submiss...
- Free reading: 3C
- 2016 Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival
- Free theater: EDUCATION
- Ryga welcomes submissions
- Discount tickets: LADY
- Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum Seedlings
- Playwrights Horizons free symposium
- Old Library Theatre (OLT) 5th Annual One Act Play ...
- Austin Latino New Play Festival
- THE NATIONAL TEN-MINUTE PLAY CONTEST
- The Secret Theatre in LIC is looking for submissio...
- Playwrights' Week 2016
- Hobo Robo 8: Hobos With Their Eyes All A-Glow
- NYTW Fellowships
- Schreiber's Shorts: TRANSITIONS
- The Downtown Urban Theater Festival (DUTF) is curr...
- The Brick's Oven
- FutureFest 2016
- The Great Gay Play and Musical Contest 2015
- Playwright's Festival
- 11TH InspiraTO Playwriting Contest
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR PLAYS
- MITF's New Fall Festival
- Ninth Annual Original OneAct Festival
- Jewish Playwriting Contest
- Torrent Theatre is seeking 10-20 minute plays
- Rover Dramawerks 10-Minute Play Contest
- THE MORRISSEY PLAYS
- Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- The Ruby Slipper Fringe
- Stage Left Theater call for 1-minute plays for Fas...
- CLOCKHOUSE Submissions
- ▼ October (51)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)