Open Call for original unpublished Short Plays & Scenes for new reading series: "Under Rehearsed"
The Reading series is intended to create new artistic relationships with Guest Directors, Playwrights and Actors as well as provide a fun and engaging night for our audiences.
This is a great way to create a working relationship with our company and for us to get to know your work. We are looking for playwrights interested in collaborating and creating artist & audience relationships.
Readings will be performed in a Bar or Studio, therefore we are looking for works that will engage and excite our audience, go well with a few drinks and allow for socializing and fun in between plays. Comedic plays in particular will be well suited for this series, but we are open to dramatic works as well. Each month will have a new theme that all plays will interconnect and relate to each other in some way.
Plays will be vetted by Literary Team and Ensemble Members.
We are looking ONLY for Plays that fit the needs and requirements of the Reading Series at this time.
2015 Series Theme(s):
Sunday December 6th: HOLIDAY THEMED - Seeking plays that cover a diverse range of holidays
Our December event will be part of our fundraiser & holiday party, and interwoven with music and libations
Seeking Contemporary themed, Ensemble driven works that meet the following criteria:
- Material should meet the theme
- For this reading series playwrights MUST be able to attend the Reading in person.
- Cast Age range should be Mid-Twenties to early 60s
- Especially looking for plays with strong female characters
- Cast size should be no larger than 5 people.
- Running time should be 10-15 Minutes.
- No more than 15 pages in length
- Plays should be original and unpublished works
Plays that do not fit this criteria will not be read
Submission Guideline; Please include the following:
- Cover Letter, including your contact information
- Theme/Date for consideration
- Play Synopsis
- Cast breakdown
- Script in word or PDF format
- List of previous productions/publishing
- Any other pertinent information
Please be aware that no financial payment is available at this time. Writers retain full rights and credit for all work produced.
Please resubmit even if you have submitted in the past.
Electronic Submissions only. Please No Phone Calls or Direct Mail