Lama Theater Company (NYC) and the Playwrights Project (Israel) presents:
The Monthly Swap October 2015
We are NOW accepting submissions for The Monthly Swap!
What is the Monthly Swap?
Well it is very similar to Lama Theater Company’s Monthly Question (Our cold reading series of new and bold writing around Lama’s monthly question) but this time the question is with a TWIST...
Throughout the month of September we are going to ask the same question in New York and in Tel Aviv, and receive submissions of short plays /Monologues/Poems and songs until the beginning of October.
We will choose five/ six pieces that address the question differently from each country.
THEN… we SWAP the artist’s work so that Israeli artists work will be pres ented in New York and the American artists work will be presented in Tel Aviv.
Our Mission: Lama means WHY in Hebrew. The Lama Theater Company is a writer/director-driven company that continually raises questions and fearlessly searches for artistic exploration.
Oct 4th- Playwrights/ Poets/ Song writer’s submission deadline
Oct 8th -Announcement of chosen works.
Oct 19th - performance night at 8:30pm in New York and Israel.
Casting on the spot starts at 8pm, show at 8:30pm.
New York Location: The Kriane Theater (85 East 4th Street, NYC)
Tel Aviv Location: Ozen Bar (King George St 48, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel)
READ BEFORE SUBMITTING!
- Scripts must be related to our monthly question.
- The Monthly Swap Question is: WHAT IS YOUR ENEMY?
- What inspires you when you read the question? We are interested in what you are thinking about and how the question might affect the work you do. Gather whatever inspiration the questions give you, and use it to fuel your chosen discipline. The questions are open to many interpretations! When you submit please keep in mind that Lama encourage artistic exploration, provoking and risk-taking writing.
- Short plays are limited to 10 pages or less (we find less is better) in standard playwriting formats.
- Poems/ Monologues are limited to 2 pages.
- Song samples should be mp3 and no more than 3 minutes.
- One submission per artist.
- Only submissions by electronic attachment will be accepted, Microsoft Word document or PDF.
- Playwrights can be from anywhere in United States or Israel, but plays must be in English.
- Submit a BLIND copy of your script and include a list of characters/descriptions.
- E-mail your Play/Poem/ Song to: email@example.com
- Please include the title of the play and the country you’re submitting from in the subject line.
- Please fill your personal contact info and the name of your play here: http://www.lamatheatercompany.com/
Any Questions about Lama's monthly question? Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out!
For updates check our Facebook page: