Amy’s Horse is seeking short plays, up to 15 minutes in length, to be produced as part of our podcast.
What is Amy’s Horse?
Amy’s Horse is a bi-weekly theatre podcast that produces two short plays per episode. Actors in multiple locations connect to our Vermont studio via the internet for the live recording of the show. The podcast launched in June, and we've produced 8 plays over 4 episodes. These are available on our website or through the iTunes Store.
The goal is to bring together emerging playwrights and established actors to read new works, then chat about them. At the end of each reading, the actors and author stick around to speak about the play and promote their current projects. It’s a very light-hearted and relaxed environment.
- Plays must be unpublished at time of submission
- Small casts preferable
- We are mainly seeking comedies, but dramas also considered
- Plays must be a maximum of 15 minutes in length
Further, if you listen to our existing episodes, you’ll see that the plays we select lend themselves to an audio only production. We use minimal sound effects and stage directions, so plays with extensive visual elements or action may not work well in our format.
How to submit:
Please send a PDF copy of your script to email@example.com
We are seeking scripts on an ongoing basis, but if you’ve previously submitted there’s no need to re-submit. Thank you.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (503)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Clubbed Thumb 2015 BIENNIAL COMMISSION
- The Fine Arts Association seeks 10-minute plays
- Playwrights' Roundtable seeks 10 minute plays
- M. T. Pockets Theatre Company 3rd Annual 10 Minute...
- Mabou Mines/Suite Resident Artist Program
- THEATRE ROULETTE
- Lourdes University Drama Society 2015 One-Act Play...
- Metropolitan Playhouse Living Literature Festival:...
- PlayPenn accepting applications for 2016 new play ...
- Call for Plays - Bellarmine University Internation...
- ARTISTIC STATEMENT WORKSHOP
- Free theater in Chicago: ROMEO & JULIET
- TSW-READERS THEATRE - CALL FOR SCRIPTS
- A FESTIVAL OF 10-MINUTE PLAYS
- 2nd Winters Playwrights Retreat
- Theatre Three Festival of One-Act Plays
- Discount tickets: THE HUMANS - $10 tickets
- Jonathan Larson Grants
- Oregon Contemporary Theatre submission guidelines
- Take Ten Festival
- New American Voices Play Reading Series
- National Playwright Residency Program Application ...
- Developmental Reading Series - Queer First Drafts ...
- The October Event Manhattan Repertory Theatre
- WOMEN’S PLAY FEST CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
- FIFTH ANNUAL SANITY IS FOR SUCKERS
- Write For Young Audiences
- Open Call for original unpublished Short Plays & S...
- THE HELEN-JEAN PRIZE
- Babes with Blades submission guidelines
- The City Theatre National Award for Short Playwrit...
- The Exit 7 New Short Play Contest
- 2015 Short Play Festival
- Playwrights: Submit Your Solo Pieces for ROAR
- Lama Theater Company and the Playwrights Project
- Thunderclap Productions submission guidelines
- Solo Performance
- MBS Productions submission guidelines
- Queer Scare II
- PLAYWRIGHTS FIRST seek full-length plays
- SHORT PLAY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
- AMY’S HORSE - A NEW THEATRE PODCAST
- The Secret Theater’s Flying Solo Festival
- Between Us Productions is seeking full-length play...
- University of Houston 10-Minute Play Festival Call...
- ▼ September (45)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)