We are accepting submissions for our 4th annual 10-minute play festival to be presented on March 5 and 6, 2016. A panel of judges will select 8-10 plays to be presented as concert readings and will choose a first place winner who will receive a cash award of $100.00 and a second place winner who will receive a cash award of $50.00. Other selected playwrights will receive 2 complimentary tickets. Recently read or produced plays are acceptable; published plays are not. No musicals, no plays requiring children in the cast. Plays should have no more than five (5) characters with three men, two women or three women, two men. They should be intended for a general audience. One submission per playwright.
Please submit by email as follows:
The subject line should contain the title of the play followed by the words “contact info.” (Example subject line: Pedro’s Revenge contact info.)
The body of the email must include the title of the play and the playwright’s contact information:
• playwright’s name
• mailing address
Do not send contact information as an attachment to the email.
Do not send the play as an attachment to the email.
Attach the play to this email. The subject line should be the title of the play only. The title on the attachment should be the same as the title in the subject line. (Example subject line: Pedro’s Revenge).
The attached file should include cast, set requirements, and script.
Do not include your name and/or contact information either in the body of the email or in the attached play.
Submissions that fail to meet these guidelines will not be accepted.
July 15 through September 30
Award-winning playwrights and all playwrights to be included in the festival reading will be notified by December 31, 2015.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (503)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Clubbed Thumb 2015 BIENNIAL COMMISSION
- The Fine Arts Association seeks 10-minute plays
- Playwrights' Roundtable seeks 10 minute plays
- M. T. Pockets Theatre Company 3rd Annual 10 Minute...
- Mabou Mines/Suite Resident Artist Program
- THEATRE ROULETTE
- Lourdes University Drama Society 2015 One-Act Play...
- Metropolitan Playhouse Living Literature Festival:...
- PlayPenn accepting applications for 2016 new play ...
- Call for Plays - Bellarmine University Internation...
- ARTISTIC STATEMENT WORKSHOP
- Free theater in Chicago: ROMEO & JULIET
- TSW-READERS THEATRE - CALL FOR SCRIPTS
- A FESTIVAL OF 10-MINUTE PLAYS
- 2nd Winters Playwrights Retreat
- Theatre Three Festival of One-Act Plays
- Discount tickets: THE HUMANS - $10 tickets
- Jonathan Larson Grants
- Oregon Contemporary Theatre submission guidelines
- Take Ten Festival
- New American Voices Play Reading Series
- National Playwright Residency Program Application ...
- Developmental Reading Series - Queer First Drafts ...
- The October Event Manhattan Repertory Theatre
- WOMEN’S PLAY FEST CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
- FIFTH ANNUAL SANITY IS FOR SUCKERS
- Write For Young Audiences
- Open Call for original unpublished Short Plays & S...
- THE HELEN-JEAN PRIZE
- Babes with Blades submission guidelines
- The City Theatre National Award for Short Playwrit...
- The Exit 7 New Short Play Contest
- 2015 Short Play Festival
- Playwrights: Submit Your Solo Pieces for ROAR
- Lama Theater Company and the Playwrights Project
- Thunderclap Productions submission guidelines
- Solo Performance
- MBS Productions submission guidelines
- Queer Scare II
- PLAYWRIGHTS FIRST seek full-length plays
- SHORT PLAY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
- AMY’S HORSE - A NEW THEATRE PODCAST
- The Secret Theater’s Flying Solo Festival
- Between Us Productions is seeking full-length play...
- University of Houston 10-Minute Play Festival Call...
- ▼ September (45)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)