Go to the World Wildlife Fund worldwildlife.org/species or CITES cites.org/eng/gallery/species/index.html and choose one or more species (Mammals, Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians, Fish, Flora & Fauna, or Invertebrates). The species must be integral to the plot, not just mentioned. Astonish the audience with the magnificence of the species – take us on an adventure – make us laugh, make us cry, make us weep if they're gone – motivate the audience to save them!
8-10 plays will be selected for a Staged Reading at a California theatre, with an award of $100 USD for each play. Multiple playwrights/Translators on a single play will divide the award equally (unless they request a different division). The audiences’ “ticket” will be a donation to a specified non-profit Wildlife Conservancy. There is No Entry Fee.
Entries must be received by midnight November 30, 2015.
Winners and Finalists will be announced by May 31, 2016 via e-mail and on the SES website. One submission per playwright. Plays must be in English, or have been translated into English. SES does not offer critiques.
Plays may be Comedic, Dramatic, or for Young Audiences (performed by adult actors). No adaptations or musicals. Maximum 4 actors – no elaborate props, swinging trapezes, or flaming torches, please.
Playwrights must hold the copyright. Legal clearance of materials not in public domain is the playwright's responsibility. Previously produced plays are accepted, published plays are not. Playwrights are obligated to inform SES if their play becomes published after submission. Plays with any contractual commitments, which restricts SES in any way, are not accepted. SES reserves the right to decide what is restrictive.
Include on the Title page: your Name, Address, Phone Number and e-mail – On the 2nd page: Cast List, Location/Time; Name of the Species; CITES Appendix I, II, or III; and any Playwright’s Notes/Glossaries.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PLAY
Electronic submissions please
Submit the full script as an e-mail attachment (Word Doc. or pdf format) to Nikki Harmon firstname.lastname@example.org
Put your Name; Contact info; Name of the Endangered Species in the body of the e-mail. In the subject line put “SCRIPT SUBMISSION” and the “Title of your Play”
If you have any problems sending your script let us know - we'll figure it out. email@example.com
SES reserves the right to cancel the competition if not enough plays meet the mandate and artistic caliber required for presentation. If canceled, an announcement will be made via e-mail and on the website.
All winning playwrights are invited to the Staged Reading. Travel and accommodations are not included in the Prize.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Sunday, August 23, 2015
- ► 2018 (502)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- The Bechdel Fest
- Playwrights and Artists Festival 2015 ~ Binghamton...
- Tales from the Script
- Santa Fe Performing Arts Playwright's Competition
- Write the First Season of a Web Series
- Four Quarter Theater-TRANSITIONS
- ACME NEW WORKS WINTER FESTIVAL 2016
- VENUS ADONIS THEATER FESTIVAL SEEKS SUBMISSIONS
- New Ideas Festival 2016: Call for Scripts
- The Henley Rose Playwright Competition for Women
- Write a ten-minute play about an endangered specie...
- InterAct MainStage submissions guidelines
- September SPL: Send us your scripts!
- Borderlands submission guidelines
- Summer Harvest 2016 ten-minute plays
- Find Your People, Assemble Your Dream Team
- 2016 Submissions Villagers Playwrights Series
- Global Playwriting Contest 2015 on Confronting Cli...
- Impact Theatre submission guidelines
- Panowski Playwriting Competition 2015
- Upstream Artists’ Collective of Brooklyn is lookin...
- Equity Library Theater of New York is seeking a se...
- Old Vic 12 seeks playwrights
- Cradle Theatre New Works Reading Series
- CALLING ACTIVIST THEATRE ARTISTS
- Living Room Series
- Ready to try Screenwriting?
- 5th Annual Short Play Festival: We Are Family
- 2016 Equity Library/Piney Fork Press Theater Play ...
- Plays & monologues on race in America
- My Voice Is My Power
- Television Writing at Primary Stages ESPA
- The Charter Oak Cultural Center is seeking submiss...
- Detroit Fringe Theater Festival
- UP Theater Company seeks plays
- MRT Fall One Act Competition
- Supernova 7: A Festival of New One-Act Plays
- Bad Theater Fest accepting Submissions of Any Weir...
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: New work for Solo Performers.
- ▼ August (40)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)