NOTE: $20 submission fee will be waived for current members of the Dramatists Guild. Please include a photo copy of your current membership card for verification.
The Henley Rose Playwright Competition for Women was founded by Yellow Rose Productions, with permission of Beth Henley, to encourage and recognize the new works of female playwrights. The Henley Rose Playwright Competition for Women aims to give voice to the stories of this generation and to bring into the spotlight important works that have been crafted.
Henley Rose seeks to honor both the writings of Pulitzer Prize winner Beth Henley and those of future winners of the Henley Rose Award.
Submissions are welcome May 1st through October 1st and will be read by a committee of writers, theatre artists, and producers. The first 200 submissions to be received will be considered.
Three finalists will be announced by December 1st and will be invited to attend and be recognized at the staged reading of their play. Staged readings will take place in Knoxville, TN at a determined date during the months of January and February, 2016.
The competition winner will be announced on December 1st and will receive the Henley Rose Award. In addition, submission fees will go to create a stipend for the winner of the Henley Rose Award.
Please note, we are unable to provide feedback on scripts that are submitted.
- Submissions must be completed full-length or one-act plays.
- Submissions must be the original work of a female playwright.
- Submissions may not have been previously produced or fully staged.
- Submissions are due October 1st, 2015 and must include all the submission materials to qualify.
1. Completed Application (Click Here for Application)
3. Payment: $20 for first submission, $10 for an additional submission. Submission fees will go to create a stipend for the winner of the Henley Rose Award.
$20 submission fee will be waived for current members of the Dramatists Guild. Please include a photo copy of your current membership card for verification.
4. All applicants may choose to submit materials via snail mail to:
Yellow Rose Productions
Attn: Henley Rose
3636 Taliluna Ave. No. 236
Knoxville, TN 37919
Make checks payable to Yellow Rose Productions.
5. All applicants may choose to submit application materials via e-mail for an extra $7.00 printing fee. E-mail submission materials may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org