The Charter Oak Cultural Center is seeking submissions for an upcoming reading series of plays focused on social justice issues.
We are seeking full-length plays (no musicals at this time) that engage audiences in a dialogue to produce positive social change. Plays that directly deal with issues of social justice, plays that depict underrepresented lives on stage, plays by playwrights who are otherwise underrepresented in the theatre community – all of these stories fit our mission.
Our reading series will begin in late fall 2015 and extend through 2016. Each play will receive a one-night reading in our 150-seat space, followed by a moderated talkback with the audience.
Writers within traveling distance of Hartford will be enthusiastically included in the rehearsal process and talkback. For out-of-area writers, we will work with you to provide maximum access to all parts of work on your play through available technology.
Charter Oak resides in the first synagogue built in Connecticut, and our programming attempts to live up to the Jewish notion of tikkun olam - “repairing the world” – through the arts.
Interested playwrights should submit the following to email@example.com:
- A brief cover letter including a short author bio and how you see the submitted play connecting to the series’ mission.
- A synopsis of the play
- A 10 to 15 page writing sample from the play.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Friday, August 7, 2015
- ► 2018 (503)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- The Bechdel Fest
- Playwrights and Artists Festival 2015 ~ Binghamton...
- Tales from the Script
- Santa Fe Performing Arts Playwright's Competition
- Write the First Season of a Web Series
- Four Quarter Theater-TRANSITIONS
- ACME NEW WORKS WINTER FESTIVAL 2016
- VENUS ADONIS THEATER FESTIVAL SEEKS SUBMISSIONS
- New Ideas Festival 2016: Call for Scripts
- The Henley Rose Playwright Competition for Women
- Write a ten-minute play about an endangered specie...
- InterAct MainStage submissions guidelines
- September SPL: Send us your scripts!
- Borderlands submission guidelines
- Summer Harvest 2016 ten-minute plays
- Find Your People, Assemble Your Dream Team
- 2016 Submissions Villagers Playwrights Series
- Global Playwriting Contest 2015 on Confronting Cli...
- Impact Theatre submission guidelines
- Panowski Playwriting Competition 2015
- Upstream Artists’ Collective of Brooklyn is lookin...
- Equity Library Theater of New York is seeking a se...
- Old Vic 12 seeks playwrights
- Cradle Theatre New Works Reading Series
- CALLING ACTIVIST THEATRE ARTISTS
- Living Room Series
- Ready to try Screenwriting?
- 5th Annual Short Play Festival: We Are Family
- 2016 Equity Library/Piney Fork Press Theater Play ...
- Plays & monologues on race in America
- My Voice Is My Power
- Television Writing at Primary Stages ESPA
- The Charter Oak Cultural Center is seeking submiss...
- Detroit Fringe Theater Festival
- UP Theater Company seeks plays
- MRT Fall One Act Competition
- Supernova 7: A Festival of New One-Act Plays
- Bad Theater Fest accepting Submissions of Any Weir...
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: New work for Solo Performers.
- ▼ August (40)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)