As our mission is to produce kickass new plays by upcoming playwrights, we generally select only unpublished full-length plays that are either world or regional premieres or have had very few prior productions. Here’s how to have your best shot at getting your play produced at Impact:
1. Your submission should be a single PDF document with the title being “[writer’s last name]_[playtitle].” So if your name is Jane Q. Badass and your play is titled Make Mine a Double, your PDF should have a filename like badass_makemineadouble.pdf. If your play title is long, feel free to title your PDF with a shortened play title.
2. This ought to go without saying, but your script should include a list of characters at the beginning, along with any notes about doubling or tripling. We need to know from the start what the cast size and requirements are.
3. Your email to us should include your play’s production and/or development history.
That’s it! Please email your masterpiece or any questions about the process to Literary Manager Christina Novakov-Ritchey (christina [at] impacttheatre [dot] com). Christina will email you a confirmation upon receipt. Due to the high volume of submissions, we are unable to provide feedback for each entry. If we are interested in your script, we will contact you within three months. Thank you for your interest in working with us!
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- The Bechdel Fest
- Playwrights and Artists Festival 2015 ~ Binghamton...
- Tales from the Script
- Santa Fe Performing Arts Playwright's Competition
- Write the First Season of a Web Series
- Four Quarter Theater-TRANSITIONS
- ACME NEW WORKS WINTER FESTIVAL 2016
- VENUS ADONIS THEATER FESTIVAL SEEKS SUBMISSIONS
- New Ideas Festival 2016: Call for Scripts
- The Henley Rose Playwright Competition for Women
- Write a ten-minute play about an endangered specie...
- InterAct MainStage submissions guidelines
- September SPL: Send us your scripts!
- Borderlands submission guidelines
- Summer Harvest 2016 ten-minute plays
- Find Your People, Assemble Your Dream Team
- 2016 Submissions Villagers Playwrights Series
- Global Playwriting Contest 2015 on Confronting Cli...
- Impact Theatre submission guidelines
- Panowski Playwriting Competition 2015
- Upstream Artists’ Collective of Brooklyn is lookin...
- Equity Library Theater of New York is seeking a se...
- Old Vic 12 seeks playwrights
- Cradle Theatre New Works Reading Series
- CALLING ACTIVIST THEATRE ARTISTS
- Living Room Series
- Ready to try Screenwriting?
- 5th Annual Short Play Festival: We Are Family
- 2016 Equity Library/Piney Fork Press Theater Play ...
- Plays & monologues on race in America
- My Voice Is My Power
- Television Writing at Primary Stages ESPA
- The Charter Oak Cultural Center is seeking submiss...
- Detroit Fringe Theater Festival
- UP Theater Company seeks plays
- MRT Fall One Act Competition
- Supernova 7: A Festival of New One-Act Plays
- Bad Theater Fest accepting Submissions of Any Weir...
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: New work for Solo Performers.
- ▼ August (40)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)