The Lab is an intensive, designed to create a safe space for playwrights to come together, experiment, and inspire each other to create new and refreshing work that departs from what writers might be more inclined to write on their own. The Lab will be led by ECC Literary Director, Blake Bishton.
After voting and agreeing on a theme that gets everyone's creative juices flowing at the initial meeting, writers will begin to receive and submit prompts. The group will use these prompts as jumping off points for the work they create. All writers will be expected to produce approximately 10 pages of work a week. The goal is for every writer to have a draft of a new short one-act play by the end of the process.
At the conclusion of the lab, ECC will produce a public reading of each play as part of ECC's Drinks and Drama Reading Series. This 4 week series features a different Brooklyn bar as a setting for each reading!
Writer’s Lab meets on Tuesday evenings and Saturday afternoons from September 22nd - October 13th. Drinks & Drama will run on Tuesday evenings from October 27th - November 17th.
Exquisite Corpse Company is a Brooklyn-based, performance and integrated arts company. ECC focuses both on promoting the work of women within the theatre - on or off stage - and on creating pieces that integrate other creative mediums. For more about the company, please visit: www.exquisitecorpecompany.com.
To submit, please send us a resumé and a sample of your writing approximately 10 pages in length. This can be taken from a larger work, or be a stand alone piece.
Deadline for submissions is September 7, 2015.
For more information or to submit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to reading your submissions!
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
Monday, August 31, 2015
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- The Bechdel Fest
- Playwrights and Artists Festival 2015 ~ Binghamton...
- Tales from the Script
- Santa Fe Performing Arts Playwright's Competition
- Write the First Season of a Web Series
- Four Quarter Theater-TRANSITIONS
- ACME NEW WORKS WINTER FESTIVAL 2016
- VENUS ADONIS THEATER FESTIVAL SEEKS SUBMISSIONS
- New Ideas Festival 2016: Call for Scripts
- The Henley Rose Playwright Competition for Women
- Write a ten-minute play about an endangered specie...
- InterAct MainStage submissions guidelines
- September SPL: Send us your scripts!
- Borderlands submission guidelines
- Summer Harvest 2016 ten-minute plays
- Find Your People, Assemble Your Dream Team
- 2016 Submissions Villagers Playwrights Series
- Global Playwriting Contest 2015 on Confronting Cli...
- Impact Theatre submission guidelines
- Panowski Playwriting Competition 2015
- Upstream Artists’ Collective of Brooklyn is lookin...
- Equity Library Theater of New York is seeking a se...
- Old Vic 12 seeks playwrights
- Cradle Theatre New Works Reading Series
- CALLING ACTIVIST THEATRE ARTISTS
- Living Room Series
- Ready to try Screenwriting?
- 5th Annual Short Play Festival: We Are Family
- 2016 Equity Library/Piney Fork Press Theater Play ...
- Plays & monologues on race in America
- My Voice Is My Power
- Television Writing at Primary Stages ESPA
- The Charter Oak Cultural Center is seeking submiss...
- Detroit Fringe Theater Festival
- UP Theater Company seeks plays
- MRT Fall One Act Competition
- Supernova 7: A Festival of New One-Act Plays
- Bad Theater Fest accepting Submissions of Any Weir...
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: New work for Solo Performers.
- ▼ August (40)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)