Our New Works Reading Series is dedicated to producing dynamic, compelling staged readings of new plays and screenplays by up-and-coming young artists, giving new voices a chance to be heard.
The works we produce have never been seen before, and are inspired, either directly or in spirit, by works of classic drama.
Our next reading will be on Saturday, September 12 in New York City . Submissions are still open!
We are currently looking for short plays (between 10 and 75 pages) to workshop in a weeklong program before being presented in early September.
We are currently looking for short plays between 10 and 75 pages long. We embrace creativity, though, so if your play doesn’t quite meet those length qualifications but you feel like it should still be counted as a short play, just let us know in your application!
We have no official restrictions on subject matter, but we welcome you to think about how your work as a writer interacts with or responds to the rich traditions of dramatic literature, in any meaning you deem worthy of the term “Classic.”
Location and Availability:
If your play is selected, we would love for you to be able to come to New York City to work with our actors to workshop the text. If for any reason that is a problem for you, please indicate in your application–if we like your play, we’ll try to work something out!
August 16. No exceptions.
If you would like to submit an unproduced new play, please fill out the form on the “Submit Your Play” page.
For more information, simply email email@example.com
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- The Bechdel Fest
- Playwrights and Artists Festival 2015 ~ Binghamton...
- Tales from the Script
- Santa Fe Performing Arts Playwright's Competition
- Write the First Season of a Web Series
- Four Quarter Theater-TRANSITIONS
- ACME NEW WORKS WINTER FESTIVAL 2016
- VENUS ADONIS THEATER FESTIVAL SEEKS SUBMISSIONS
- New Ideas Festival 2016: Call for Scripts
- The Henley Rose Playwright Competition for Women
- Write a ten-minute play about an endangered specie...
- InterAct MainStage submissions guidelines
- September SPL: Send us your scripts!
- Borderlands submission guidelines
- Summer Harvest 2016 ten-minute plays
- Find Your People, Assemble Your Dream Team
- 2016 Submissions Villagers Playwrights Series
- Global Playwriting Contest 2015 on Confronting Cli...
- Impact Theatre submission guidelines
- Panowski Playwriting Competition 2015
- Upstream Artists’ Collective of Brooklyn is lookin...
- Equity Library Theater of New York is seeking a se...
- Old Vic 12 seeks playwrights
- Cradle Theatre New Works Reading Series
- CALLING ACTIVIST THEATRE ARTISTS
- Living Room Series
- Ready to try Screenwriting?
- 5th Annual Short Play Festival: We Are Family
- 2016 Equity Library/Piney Fork Press Theater Play ...
- Plays & monologues on race in America
- My Voice Is My Power
- Television Writing at Primary Stages ESPA
- The Charter Oak Cultural Center is seeking submiss...
- Detroit Fringe Theater Festival
- UP Theater Company seeks plays
- MRT Fall One Act Competition
- Supernova 7: A Festival of New One-Act Plays
- Bad Theater Fest accepting Submissions of Any Weir...
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: New work for Solo Performers.
- ▼ August (40)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)