CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS- DEADLINE: SUNDAY, AUGUST 30, 2015
Acme Theater of Maynard, MA is proud to announce that it is now accepting submissions for our 15th annual New Works Winter Festival. The festival will be performed over two weekends in January 2016. Selected plays will be divided into two festival tracks and will be performed once per weekend. At the conclusion of each festival track, one playwright will be awarded the audience choice award, known as "The Charlie".
1) Scripts must be limited to a length of ten (10) pages or less in standard script format and be able to be legitimately performed in 10 minutes. Please keep type sizes at 10 pts or greater, double spaced, and leave some margin space.
2) Maximum submission limit of ONE (1) play per playwright.
3) Any subject matter welcome. Comedy or drama. Please no overuse of strong language.
4) Plays may have already been produced elsewhere, but any published works will not be considered.
5) Your script will be limited to the use of any/all of the following set pieces provided by Acme: - 6 standard wooden chairs - 1 dining room table - 1 coffee table - 1 tall table/desk - 1 end table - 1 podium - 1 small love seat - 1 park bench Hand props will be allowed, but nothing else.
6) Selected playwrights will be given the option to provide their own director, actors, props, etc., or have Acme provide someone from our pool of eager and capable directors for you and cast the play from our festival auditions in November 2015.
Acme Theater is a 72-seat black box in Maynard, MA with full light and sound equipment. Acme will provide sound and light operators, the stage and a 45 minute tech time the week before we open so that casts can become familiar with our space prior to the festival.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, August 30, 2015
Please email script in .doc or .pdf format to Tom Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org . Scripts sent to any other email address will not be accepted.
Selected playwrights will be notified by November 2015
Acme Theater Productions
Producer, New Works Winter Festival 2016
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- The Bechdel Fest
- Playwrights and Artists Festival 2015 ~ Binghamton...
- Tales from the Script
- Santa Fe Performing Arts Playwright's Competition
- Write the First Season of a Web Series
- Four Quarter Theater-TRANSITIONS
- ACME NEW WORKS WINTER FESTIVAL 2016
- VENUS ADONIS THEATER FESTIVAL SEEKS SUBMISSIONS
- New Ideas Festival 2016: Call for Scripts
- The Henley Rose Playwright Competition for Women
- Write a ten-minute play about an endangered specie...
- InterAct MainStage submissions guidelines
- September SPL: Send us your scripts!
- Borderlands submission guidelines
- Summer Harvest 2016 ten-minute plays
- Find Your People, Assemble Your Dream Team
- 2016 Submissions Villagers Playwrights Series
- Global Playwriting Contest 2015 on Confronting Cli...
- Impact Theatre submission guidelines
- Panowski Playwriting Competition 2015
- Upstream Artists’ Collective of Brooklyn is lookin...
- Equity Library Theater of New York is seeking a se...
- Old Vic 12 seeks playwrights
- Cradle Theatre New Works Reading Series
- CALLING ACTIVIST THEATRE ARTISTS
- Living Room Series
- Ready to try Screenwriting?
- 5th Annual Short Play Festival: We Are Family
- 2016 Equity Library/Piney Fork Press Theater Play ...
- Plays & monologues on race in America
- My Voice Is My Power
- Television Writing at Primary Stages ESPA
- The Charter Oak Cultural Center is seeking submiss...
- Detroit Fringe Theater Festival
- UP Theater Company seeks plays
- MRT Fall One Act Competition
- Supernova 7: A Festival of New One-Act Plays
- Bad Theater Fest accepting Submissions of Any Weir...
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: New work for Solo Performers.
- ▼ August (40)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)