Random Access Theatre Company is accepting scripts for consideration for their 2015-2016 reading series RAWR (Random Access Workshop Readings).
What is RAWR?
RAWR develops new theatrical work from emerging New York City-based writers in a three-stage process over six months. Random Access Theatre will provide direction, space, actors and mentorship through a series of progressively larger events beginning with a small table read, continuing with an invited audience read and finally a larger public staged reading. After the staged reading, Random Access Theatre Company may consider producing the work as a part of the following mainstage season.
Three scripts will be accepted on a rolling basis, the deadline to be considered for the first reading of 2015 is July 15th. RAWR is highly interested in theatre that imagines and reclaims work and themes of the past as a way to engage in modern issues. Traditional and non-traditional plays, musicals, and plays with music and/or movement are all welcome. Due to the heavy focus on script development, early-stage work is most appropriate for this series. Women, people with disabilities, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply send your script as a pdf attachment or google doc, a synopsis (one page maximum), character breakdown, and a short letter explaining why you think your work would be a good fit for RAWR to submissionsRAWR@gmail.com.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (503)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Diez Minutos 2016 seeks 10-minute plays
- Primary Stages Einhorn School of Performing Arts (...
- Generations residency
- Talos Science Fiction Theatre Festival Call for Sc...
- Bread & Roses Theatre Company seeks short plays
- DEATHSCRIBE 2015
- Hijabi Monologues
- Studio C Artists Holiday Show
- FUTURE TEN FESTIVAL OF 10-MINUTE PLAYS
- Overtime Theater Call for Submissions 2016
- 2016 David Calicchio Emerging American Playwright ...
- Discount tickets: MRS. SMITH'S BROADWAY CAT-TACULA...
- 10 by 10 x 10 Ten Minute Play Festival
- The August Event
- THIRD ANNUAL UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS- AMHERST ...
- Fall Playwriting Classes at ESPA!
- Pipeline submission guidelines
- Upright Citizen's Brigade Diversity Scholarship
- London Horror Festival
- Call for original short plays by playwrights from ...
- 4th Annual nuVoices New Play Festival
- RADD Theatre Co call for submissions
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- LIC One Act Festival 2015
- The Hormel Festival of New Plays and Musicals 201...
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company is currently acceptin...
- 1812 Productions Submission Guidelines
- July Short Play Lab
- Cutler Bay Community Theater 2015 Ten-Minute Play...
- New Jersey Playwrights Contest of William Paterson...
- New Play-Reading Festival Script Submission Deadli...
- PICK OF THE VINE – Season 14 (2016)
- The Players Follies Group seeks 10-minute plays
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Nerve Lantern submissions: Yoko Ono
- Playhouse Creatures submission guidelines
- Random Access Workshop Readings
- Roister Doister Publishing seeks plays for young p...
- ▼ July (38)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)