Each December, WildClaw produces the DEATHSCRIBE Festival of Horror Radio Plays. DEATHSCRIBE is an open submission, international festival and writing competition. Writers may submit up to two radio plays to DEATHSCRIBE in any given year.
DEATHSCRIBE 2015 will take place on December 7, 2015.
Submissions are now OPEN.
Submissions of radio horror plays for consideration in DEATHSCRIBE should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please take a moment to read the guidelines posted below before submitting.
Deadline: August 1, 2015 at midnight
Each year we seek 10-minute radio scripts that are genuinely scary, imaginative, chilling, intelligent, suspenseful, horrific or downright grotesque. We put no restrictions on contestants as to content or tone, but keep in mind that we are a Horror Theatre. We take our horror seriously, and so should you.
5 scripts will be selected from all submissions. After being selected, there will be an opportunity for the authors to refine and revise these scripts (if deemed necessary) in collaboration with WildClaw Theatre Company. There will be a “Best of the Fest” award, with the winner chosen by a celebrity panel of judges on the night of performance to receive the coveted Bloody Axe Award. Previous winners include:
2008: “Dark & Stormy” by Albert Gerber
2009: “Remembrance” by Christopher Hainsworth
2010: “The Change in Buckett County” by David Schmidt
2011: “Alabama Mermaid” by Jessica Wright Buha
2012: “Fish Story” by Joseph Zettelmaier
2013: “We Apologize for the Inconvenience” by Chelsea Paice
2014: “Fracture Zone” by Christopher M. Walsh
All submissions must be made electronically; please make sure your script is formatted correctly according to the guidelines (see below) and submit your script as an attachment to email@example.com. Please include the title of your play in the subject line.
Deathscribe selections are “blind.” The title page should include the title of the script, names of all authors, and the address, phone and email address of the author(s). The subsequent pages must include only the manuscript title and page number and NO identifying personal information (name, address, email, etc.) or it will be disqualified.
Scripts must be ready to produce – all sound and music cues included. Details on format can be found below. Please do not submit a traditional stageplay with the instruction that “if we like it, you will be willing to adapt it.” Scripts must already be in radio format to be eligible.
Please be aware that these scripts, if chosen, will be performed by no more than 6 actors, therefore scripts with more characters will require double casting by the director of the piece.
• Scripts must be no more than TEN MINUTES in length. (Generally speaking, a 10-minute radio play is NO LONGER than 15 pages.)
• Writers may submit up to two (2) scripts for Deathscribe consideration in any year. There is no fee to submit to Deathscribe.
• PDF format is strongly preferred. If PDF is not possible, then only MS Word please. All scripts must have a title page with all contact information, but no identifying information should appear anywhere else in the document. Submissions must be in a standard font and no less than 12 point.
• NO SCREENPLAYS. SCREENPLAYS WILL BE DISCARDED. WE KNOW THEM WHEN WE SEE THEM. (Nothing against screenplays. But this is a radio play festival.)
• DO NOT submit full-length plays for consideration in Deathscribe. They will be discarded. If you wish to submit a full-length horror play to WildClaw, see our general submission guidelines.
• Scripts should follow radio drama format. Helpful suggestions and examples are available here:
(these resources not affiliated with the WildClaw Deathscribe Radio Play Festival).
Questions? Email them to Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (503)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Diez Minutos 2016 seeks 10-minute plays
- Primary Stages Einhorn School of Performing Arts (...
- Generations residency
- Talos Science Fiction Theatre Festival Call for Sc...
- Bread & Roses Theatre Company seeks short plays
- DEATHSCRIBE 2015
- Hijabi Monologues
- Studio C Artists Holiday Show
- FUTURE TEN FESTIVAL OF 10-MINUTE PLAYS
- Overtime Theater Call for Submissions 2016
- 2016 David Calicchio Emerging American Playwright ...
- Discount tickets: MRS. SMITH'S BROADWAY CAT-TACULA...
- 10 by 10 x 10 Ten Minute Play Festival
- The August Event
- THIRD ANNUAL UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS- AMHERST ...
- Fall Playwriting Classes at ESPA!
- Pipeline submission guidelines
- Upright Citizen's Brigade Diversity Scholarship
- London Horror Festival
- Call for original short plays by playwrights from ...
- 4th Annual nuVoices New Play Festival
- RADD Theatre Co call for submissions
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- LIC One Act Festival 2015
- The Hormel Festival of New Plays and Musicals 201...
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company is currently acceptin...
- 1812 Productions Submission Guidelines
- July Short Play Lab
- Cutler Bay Community Theater 2015 Ten-Minute Play...
- New Jersey Playwrights Contest of William Paterson...
- New Play-Reading Festival Script Submission Deadli...
- PICK OF THE VINE – Season 14 (2016)
- The Players Follies Group seeks 10-minute plays
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Nerve Lantern submissions: Yoko Ono
- Playhouse Creatures submission guidelines
- Random Access Workshop Readings
- Roister Doister Publishing seeks plays for young p...
- ▼ July (38)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)