We are now accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s Monthly Question! The Monthly Question is a reading series of new and bold writing (short plays/ Monologues/ poems/ Songs) around Lama’s monthly question that will be performed at Dixon Place Lounge, NYC.
Our Mission: Lama means WHY in Hebrew. The Lama Theater Company is a writer/director-driven company that continually raises questions and fearlessly searches for artistic exploration.
July 6th - playwrights/poets/song writers submission deadline! July 8th - announcement of chosen works.
July 14th - performance night at 9:30pm.
Casting on the spot at 9pm, show at 9:30pm. Location: Dixon Place, 161 Chrystie St, NYC.
READ BEFORE SUBMITTING!
Scripts must be related to our monthly question.
Our July question is:
Why New York? Why are we here?
What inspires you when you read the question? We are interested in what you are thinking about and how the question might affect the work you do. Gather whatever inspiration the questions give you, and use it to fuel your chosen discipline. The questions are open to many interpretations!
When you submit please keep in mind that Lama encourage artistic exploration, provoking and risk-taking writing.
- Short plays are limited to 10 pages or less (we find less is better) in standard playwriting formats.
- Poems/ Monologues are limited to 2 pages.
- Song samples should be mp3 and no more than 3 minutes.
- Only submissions by electronic attachment will be accepted, Microsoft Word document or PDF.
- Playwrights can be from anywhere, but plays must be in English.
- Submit a BLIND copy of your script and include a list of characters/descriptions.
- E-mail your Script/Song/Poem to: email@example.com
- The subject line should include the title of the play.
- Please fill your contact info and the name of your play at our website: http://www.lamatheatercompany.com/
- Any Questions about Lama's monthly question? Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out!