PLAYWRIGHTS, SOLO ARTISTS and DEVISING ARTISTS
1812 is always on the lookout for new comedies and is happy to consider plays, solo pieces and devised work.
Agents and Professional Recommendation
1812 gratefully accepts scripts and/or video from literary agents, theater professionals and artists with whom we have existing relationships. Please contact Producing Artistic
Director, Jennifer Childs, prior to sending your materials at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t have an agent?
Please e-mail the following information to email@example.com.
• Synopsis of play/piece (no more than one page)
• Bio of playwright/artist
• Cast size and production/workshop history of play/piece
• The first 10 pages of your script
If you are a solo or devising artist and your piece does not have a formal “script”, please let us know if you have video available and we will contact you about sending it to us.
Similarly, if you are a playwright submitting a musical and would like to include a demo, let us know and we’ll contact you about the best way to send it to us.
Please allow two months for the review process of your script and video samples.
Some submission guidance for playwrights and artists seeking production.
• 1812’s mission is comedy. We only produce comedy and therefore do not accept
submissions of drama or tragedy. That said, we have an expansive view of what comedy is, what it can do and the kinds of subjects it can tackle. We are interested in all kinds of
comedy – comedy with an edge, comedy with a heart, dark comedy, slapstick comedy,
farce, romantic comedy, musical comedy – you name it.
• Please no holiday themed pieces. We produce our own original work during the holiday season every year so do not have a need for anything to program during that time.
• While we are happy to accept political comedies, they are tricky for us. Each season we produce our own original political humor show entitled This Is the Week That Is. We will always consider politically themed work but most often are looking for other types of work to fill out our season and give our audience a variety of comic experiences.
Thanks for your interest in 1812!
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Diez Minutos 2016 seeks 10-minute plays
- Primary Stages Einhorn School of Performing Arts (...
- Generations residency
- Talos Science Fiction Theatre Festival Call for Sc...
- Bread & Roses Theatre Company seeks short plays
- DEATHSCRIBE 2015
- Hijabi Monologues
- Studio C Artists Holiday Show
- FUTURE TEN FESTIVAL OF 10-MINUTE PLAYS
- Overtime Theater Call for Submissions 2016
- 2016 David Calicchio Emerging American Playwright ...
- Discount tickets: MRS. SMITH'S BROADWAY CAT-TACULA...
- 10 by 10 x 10 Ten Minute Play Festival
- The August Event
- THIRD ANNUAL UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS- AMHERST ...
- Fall Playwriting Classes at ESPA!
- Pipeline submission guidelines
- Upright Citizen's Brigade Diversity Scholarship
- London Horror Festival
- Call for original short plays by playwrights from ...
- 4th Annual nuVoices New Play Festival
- RADD Theatre Co call for submissions
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- LIC One Act Festival 2015
- The Hormel Festival of New Plays and Musicals 201...
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company is currently acceptin...
- 1812 Productions Submission Guidelines
- July Short Play Lab
- Cutler Bay Community Theater 2015 Ten-Minute Play...
- New Jersey Playwrights Contest of William Paterson...
- New Play-Reading Festival Script Submission Deadli...
- PICK OF THE VINE – Season 14 (2016)
- The Players Follies Group seeks 10-minute plays
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Nerve Lantern submissions: Yoko Ono
- Playhouse Creatures submission guidelines
- Random Access Workshop Readings
- Roister Doister Publishing seeks plays for young p...
- ▼ July (38)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)