NYNW is a play competition in which the audience and the NYNW Panel of elite Broadway Producers, Emmy award winners and leading industry professionals cast their votes with the audience to select the best play of the season. Plays move from the 1st Round to the Semi-Finals and then to the Finals.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JUNE 20, 2015.
- The playwright of the winning play, contingent upon abiding by the festival rules, receives $500.00 and the opportunity to have their play aired on a local media outlet.
- NYNW (Aug. & Sept. 2015) is seeking NEW one act or short works plays for our 2015 New York New Works Theatre Festival. We are searching for engaging new work that is commercially viable. NYNW is a showcase for comedies, musicals, and dramas told with an original voice and compelling storytelling.
- Two to three plays from each evening will be selected to go on to the semi-final rounds.
- Five to six plays from the semi-final rounds will be selected to continue to the final round.
- All projects should have a beginning, middle, and an end (no excerpts without a full story). NYNW will not consider submissions over 30 minutes in length.
- Playwrights may submit up to two plays per year for consideration.
- NYNW welcomes, plays, musicals, and solo shows.
- There is no submission fee.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR COMPLETE SUBMISSION APPLICATION.