Quannapowitt Players, Inc. is seeking one-act play submissions for our fourth Suburban Holidays production of new holiday plays the for November/December, 2015 Production.
Suburban Holidays explores the theme of the holiday season (in whatever form that means for the playwright) in a town “very much like Reading, MA.” As this festival is being produced in November/December, a preference for date-appropriate holidays (Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, etc.) may come into play; however, all holidays are appropriate material for this festival.
This year’s festival will consist of 4-5 full one-act plays. This means that plays under 20 minutes will not be considered. Plays must be no less than 20 minutes and no more than 45 minutes in length when performed. PLEASE NOTE: If your script is fewer than 20 pages long, the play reading committee will discard it without consideration.
Since this festival draws a large pool of talented actors, plays featuring more than 4 characters will be considered first. Larger cast plays are strongly encouraged!
Preference is given to playwrights from New England, though any playwright may submit. If you are not a resident of New England, your play will be considered, but we do give preference to our area, to increase the chances of having the playwrights visit and see their plays in our festival.
Modern/contemporary plays are given preference. Costuming restraints might not allow for period pieces at this Festival.
Plays must be submitted electronically in MS Word or PDF format, written in standard play format to the festival Producing Director, Patrick Cleary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper copies of plays will not be accepted.
Submissions must be received by noon on July 31, 2015.
Plays must be the original works of the playwrights and unpublished at the time of production. Preference is given to unproduced works, but works with limited production runs will be considered.
Original musicals will be considered, though musical accompaniment will be restricted to a keyboardist, should a musical be produced.
Playwrights whose plays are chosen for production will receive an honorarium of $100 for the festival.
Playwrights whose pieces are chosen will be notified via email no later than August 15, 2015. Selections will also be posted here on the Quannapowitt Players website.
If you have any questions about this festival or the guideline submissions, please contact Patrick Cleary at email@example.com. Please include the subject line “Suburban Holidays” on submissions and questions.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (494)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Proscenium Theatre Journal
- Postcard Theatre's New Writing Competition.
- North Park Playwright Festival
- NEW PLAY SUBMISSIONS FOR SUBURBAN HOLIDAYS 2015
- Page to Stage Playwriting Contest
- The Northern Writers' Project
- Brave New Ending Writing Challenge
- Moonlight Theatre Productions is seeking submissio...
- Radio Drama Revival Submission Guidelines
- StageCoach Theatre Company seeks scripts for young...
- Cimientos seeks plays
- Evergreen Theatre submssions guidelines
- Scary Theater Festival
- The Stella Adler Studio of Acting is seeking appli...
- 2015 FRED EBB AWARD
- The Relentless Award, established in honor of Phil...
- AFO now accepting submissions for their Works-in-P...
- STELLA ADLER NOW ACCEPTING FULL-LENGTH PLAY SUBMIS...
- Public Theater Submission Guidelines
- Call for Submissions UNFringed Festival
- Next Gen are always interested in new, exciting ma...
- Winter/Spring 2015-16 Full-Length Play Submission
- Everyday Inferno submission guidelines
- The Ingram New Works Project
- The 5th annual NEWvember New Plays Festival
- Seeking submissions of short scripts for podcast
- Thespis Theater Festival 2015
- Undiscovered Voices Scholarship
- Qu literary journal seeks scripts/excerpts
- New York New Works Festival Now Accepting Submissi...
- Panglossian is seeking new full-length plays
- 27th Annual JETFest
- Mystery on the Menu needs several 5-10 minute myst...
- Frequency is always open to submissions of unsolic...
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre submission guidelines
- Briefs: A Festival of Short LGBT Plays
- Theater for the New City Scratch Night
- Plays In Progress Series Submissions
- 12 Peers Theater is accepting play submissions
- ▼ June (39)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)