Our Brave New Ending Writing Challenge is brought to you in partnership with the Touring Consortium Theatre Company ahead of their forthcoming major new adaptation of Aldous Huxley's future-shock literary classic. This Creative Project is open to aspiring writers of all ages. And there’s a very starry prize for ten lucky winners...
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?
IN PREPARATION, you should:
READ the book if you haven’t already
WATCH our video interview with playwright Dawn King on her process of adapting Brave New World for the forthcoming tour, as well as her advice on how she would approach this writing challenge.
Write a final scene for your own imagined version of Brave New World. This should NOT be a dramatised scene of the book’s actual ending. Instead it should be a scene (no more than FIVE minutes) created from your own imagination that takes place either BEFORE or AFTER or as an ALTERNATIVE to the book’s existing conclusion.
WHAT DO I GET?
All submissions will be published online here. The overall best ten submissions – as judged by writer Dawn King and producer Jenny King – will be invited to take part in a very special, one-day, playwriting workshop*, led by renowned writer and actor Nigel Planer.
PLUS, if you submit before 7 September 2015, you may ALSO be in the running to have your scene given a professional rehearsed reading on stage at one of the show’s eight touring venues.**
*Note: The workshop, which will take place in Birmingham in January 2016 (date tbc) is free of charge and includes lunch and reasonable travel expenses (within the UK). Accommodation is not provided. ** To be considered for a rehearsed reading, your script must involve no more than THREE characters; otherwise, please limit yourself to FIFTEEN characters.
Final submissions deadline is 31 December 2015.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (502)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Proscenium Theatre Journal
- Postcard Theatre's New Writing Competition.
- North Park Playwright Festival
- NEW PLAY SUBMISSIONS FOR SUBURBAN HOLIDAYS 2015
- Page to Stage Playwriting Contest
- The Northern Writers' Project
- Brave New Ending Writing Challenge
- Moonlight Theatre Productions is seeking submissio...
- Radio Drama Revival Submission Guidelines
- StageCoach Theatre Company seeks scripts for young...
- Cimientos seeks plays
- Evergreen Theatre submssions guidelines
- Scary Theater Festival
- The Stella Adler Studio of Acting is seeking appli...
- 2015 FRED EBB AWARD
- The Relentless Award, established in honor of Phil...
- AFO now accepting submissions for their Works-in-P...
- STELLA ADLER NOW ACCEPTING FULL-LENGTH PLAY SUBMIS...
- Public Theater Submission Guidelines
- Call for Submissions UNFringed Festival
- Next Gen are always interested in new, exciting ma...
- Winter/Spring 2015-16 Full-Length Play Submission
- Everyday Inferno submission guidelines
- The Ingram New Works Project
- The 5th annual NEWvember New Plays Festival
- Seeking submissions of short scripts for podcast
- Thespis Theater Festival 2015
- Undiscovered Voices Scholarship
- Qu literary journal seeks scripts/excerpts
- New York New Works Festival Now Accepting Submissi...
- Panglossian is seeking new full-length plays
- 27th Annual JETFest
- Mystery on the Menu needs several 5-10 minute myst...
- Frequency is always open to submissions of unsolic...
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre submission guidelines
- Briefs: A Festival of Short LGBT Plays
- Theater for the New City Scratch Night
- Plays In Progress Series Submissions
- 12 Peers Theater is accepting play submissions
- ▼ June (39)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)