The producers of PLAYING SHORTLY: SHORT PLAYS ON THE RADIO are seeking stage plays of 10 minutes or less for a series of upcoming radio programs on National Public Radio affiliate KUSU, with potential for wider regional or national broadcast. The initial four programs will be recorded in front of a live audience and then broadcast to a region of over 3 million people. The show will include actors reading new short American stage plays over the radio. Submission info is as follows:
1. Plays must be 10 minutes or less including stage directions.
2. Written by American playwrights.
3. First 300 submissions will be considered.
4. Maximum 2 submissions per playwright.
5. Plays must be written within the past five years and unpublished.
6. Include character descriptions and have no more than 5 characters.
7. Include brief synopsis of play (100 words or less).
8. Selected plays will receive $100 honorarium in lieu of royalties.
9. Plays must be allowable on the radio.
10. Selected playwrights may be interviewed for the program.
11. Playwrights will receive a recording of the broadcast.
12. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION is December 15, 2014.
13. Email Submissions to email@example.com. (Subject line “Submission – [your name]”)
Due to the high number of submissions, PLAYING SHORTLY staff cannot provide feedback for plays. It may take several months to select the final scripts. Please do not follow up regarding the selection process. We will notify the finalists by February 1, 2015. This program is being produced by the Fusion Theatre Project and Utah Public Radio. This company has a history of developing new work and has had original plays produced or had staged-readings in New York, Los Angeles and at various theatres around the country. PLAYING SHORTLY represents the newest endeavor, bringing original work by American playwrights to a broader audience.