Rules and Guidelines
1. Anyone can submit an original script, provided that it has not been professionally performed.
2. Playwrights can only submit two (2) scripts in total each year.
3. The running time of the script can be no longer than 30 minutes in length.
4. The scripts selected will be chosen not only for their dramatic quality and writing, but also f or their suitability for the actors (and numbers of actors) available in any year. As MiniFest is modestly funded, scripts will also be considered from the point of view of their production requirements.
5. Scripts must be submitted electronically no later than midnight on October 15, AST.
No late submissions will be accepted.
6. Playwrights are invited to attend rehearsals, by agreement with their director. Rehearsals start in the first week of January.
7. MiniFest may choose to present as many as eight plays over two consecutive nights. Each evening of plays may be presented as many as three times.
8. Successful playwrights will not be offered royalties.
9. Script submissions will only be accepted after a correctly completed application has been received.
10. Script submissions will only be accepted in electronic format
NYCPlaywrights note: for members of the Dramatists Guild - according to the Dramatists Bill of Rights:
3. RIGHT TO BE PRESENT.
You always have the right to attend casting, rehearsals, previews and performances.