Calling all Latino Playwrights to submit to Desde El Puente, Raíces Theatre Company’s 1st Annual One Act Play Festival. Ten plays will be chosen to have a 4 day run from June 11 to June 14 2015 in Buffalo, NY.
Please read our submissions guidelines carefully. Submissions that do not follow our guidelines will not be taken seriously.
Playwrights: May submit a maximum of 2 One Act Plays no longer than 10 minutes, if you find yourselves with more than 10 pages on hand ( or less) please read it aloud and time it. All plays must have a cast no larger than 6 characters and minimal set requirements as there is no time for elaborate set changes. All plays must deal with subject matter that relates to the Latino culture. If selected your play will be cast, produced and directed by Raíces Theatre Company. All plays will run every night. Selected plays will receive at $20 royalty. Please email your submissions to play to firstname.lastname@example.org in standard format WORD or PDF. Subject line should have your name and title of the play. Body of email should contain your contact information (name, mailing address, telephone number and email)
Deadlines: All submissions must have arrived before December 31st, 2014. An email confirmation will be sent to you when we receive your play. If we select your play for the festival we will notify you no later than April 31st, 2015. Please do not email us asking for status, if you are selected you will be notified. Please note that Plays will be read as they come so the earlier you submit your play the better, once we have 10 that we like we reserve the right to close the submissions before the dateline.
We look forward to reading your work!
For more information about Raíces please visit us at www.raicestheatrecompany.com
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Raíces Theatre Company’s 1st Annual One Act Play F...
- Modern-Day Griot seeks full-length plays
- October Short Play Lab
- MadLab Theatre Roulette
- Fourth Annual New Voices Play Reading Series
- LIFT-OFF NEW PLAY SERIES
- Omi Writers Residency
- 2015 Y.E.S. Festival seeks full-length plays
- PlayPenn accepting applications for its 2015 new p...
- Heartland Theatre Company is seeking short origina...
- COE COLLEGE PLAYWRITING FESTIVAL
- American Renaissance Theater Company (ARTC) is see...
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 ACT...
- THIS WEEKEND: Jumpstart a Play in 2 Days with LUCY...
- The City Theatre National Award for Short Playwrit...
- The ninth annual Six Women Playwriting Festival
- Abstract Sentiment Theatre Co. is accepting 10 min...
- Queer Scare seeks short plays
- 2nd Annual Insomniacs 24 Hour Play Festival
- The Edgemar Center for the Arts is seeking one-act...
- Looking for a comedic playwright
- Theater Three Festival of One-Act Plays
- Yes Plays seeks musicals
- Seeking short plays about women in history
- Proscenium Journal Now Accepting Submissions for W...
- Investigative Theater Field Research Team
- Orange Tea Theatre Company seeks short plays
- First Laugh One-Act Play Festival
- University of Houston School of Theatre & Dance 10...
- Investigative Theater seeks writer
- Online playwriting courses in NYC…from anywhere!
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre seeking one-act plays
- Now accepting applications for INKtank Cycle 6
- The Nu∙10 Halloween Play Festival “Horrors from th...
- Centre Stage seeks full-length plays
- The Dramaturgy Open Office Hour Project
- MITF Starts New Season with Sept. Short Play Lab -...
- Alumnae Theatre Company’s New Ideas Festival call ...
- ▼ September (39)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)